Table of Contents
- 1 Troubleshooting Methods for Dealing with the Data Conversion Error in Sage
- 2 FAQs
- 2.1 Why does Sage 50 accounting closes when every time I select a customer or supplier, how do I troubleshoot this?
- 2.2 Can you let me know the steps to remove Sage drive on Sage 50 accounting with the help of the Sage drive removal tool?
- 2.3 Sage 50 accounting is not working on my system, what can I do?
- 2.4 What are the ways I can check errors on Sage 50?
- 2.5 What are the steps that I can use to restore a Sage 50 backup file?
- 2.6 What is the process to restore a Sage backup file on my computer?
- 2.7 What are the process steps that I can use to copy a company in Sage 50 accounting?
If you come across Sage error 14 program, then you must first understand the reason behind this error. This error generally occurs when users make incorrect payments and the payment gets declined. The error comes under the transaction decline code and blank error code category. The payment in this case is declined by the bank and is not received by the user may be due to incorrect credit/debit card details entered by the user. Some of the scenarios in which you get this type of error are as follows:
- The credit card, device or reader for making the payment is not enabled for making the payment via Sage application.
- You have entered incorrect or invalid card details; this leads to Sage error 14.
- There are some restrictions on your card which is causing this error.
- In case you swiped it on POS, then it is possible that the card may be destroyed because of the magnet causing the error.
Now when we are aware of the various causes of this error, in the next section we will discuss how to resolve this error i.e., Sage error 14 program or Sage decline code error 14.
Also Read: Sage Data Conversion Error
Troubleshooting Methods for Dealing with the Data Conversion Error in Sage
Action 1. Steps to enable your card reader if the user swiped the card via third-party integrated software and it uses the SED i.e., Sage exchange desktop.
Step 1. First of all, At the bottom right side of the screen and choose the SE icon and right-click on it.
Step 2. After that click on settings, and on the setting windows at the left, click on enable the device.
Step 3. Now for enabling the card reader select the hardware and click on Non-EVM device and then click OK.
Step 4. After the above step, the Sage exchange desktop application will restart automatically and you can retry the transaction.
Action 2. If in case you have entered the incorrect or invalid card details, carefully renter the details and retry the transactions.
Action 3. Check if you have any kind of restriction on your card, if yes, make sure you get it cleared with the relevant bank department before retrying the transaction.
Action 4. In case your card magnetic strip is destroyed, then you will have to get the new card from your bank.
Now when we are well versed with all the simple actions that we can take to troubleshoot Sage error 14, let us now move towards and look into some frequently asked questions by the users, that will give you further clarity on the topic.