Table of Contents
- 1 Know More About Error 1919
- 2 What is Causing Sage to Display Error 1919 on my System?
- 2.1 Is There a way to Resolve Sage Error 1919?
- 2.2 Conclusion
- 2.3 FAQs
- 2.4 What are the features of the Sage 50 Accounts program?
- 2.5 Is it recommended for an average user to modify the system registry?
- 2.6 What is the Mdc.inf file?
Sage has developed computer applications that have revolutionized the way businesses manage their accounts and daily operations through its host of features. It has enhanced productivity, automated tasks and saved both time and money. Still, like every computer program it has to overcome the hurdles of errors such as the error 1919 occurring at various points of usage.
This article will help you navigate the troubleshooting process of error 1919 by providing you the solutions you can implement along with providing the causes and answering a few related queries so that you can avoid this error in the future as well.
Know More About Error 1919
Every computer program, when installed on a system, makes an entry into the computer’s registry or the database containing the configuration settings of your operating system. This is also done in the case of Sage products. Sometimes this could not be done properly and results in a glitch such as the Error 1919 which gets displayed while you are trying to install Sage 50 Accounts v25.
Error 1919 is related to Operating System Database Connectivity (OBDC) which is the standard Application Programming Interface (API) through which database management systems are accessed. Using ODBC, you can access different information present in different database management systems and therefore, it is an integral part of your computer. In the next section, we will know the reasons you are seeing an ODBC related error with the following message-
‘Error 1919: Error configuring ODBC data source: Excel file (s). ODBC error 0 asks you to verify that the Excel File(s) exists and you can easily access it.”
One of the below POS messages is displayed following the above prompts:
Error 1919 means that Error in configuring ODBC data source: MS Access Database.ODBC error 0 suggests you verify the file MS Access Database exists and you can easily access it.”
Error 1919 means that Error in configuring ODBC data source. Dbase Files ODBC error 6: Please verify the existence of the file Dbase and its accessibility.
Also Read: Sage 2020 Database Repair Utility
What is Causing Sage to Display Error 1919 on my System?
Following are the reasons for Sage displaying error 1919 on your computer-
- Sage 50 has not been able to properly configure the Operating System Connectivity Database.
- You are installing Sage 50 while being logged into the account without the full administrative privileges.
- Some important entries are missing from the system registry.
Is There a way to Resolve Sage Error 1919?
The answer is yes, you can. There are not one but three solutions involving step-by step instructions you can implement and fix Error 1919 on your own.
Solution 1: Login using the Admin Account
This is a simple solution which requires you to log in to your computer from the user account that has the administrator privileges. After this, you can install Sage 50 Accounts on your computer.
Solution 2: Installing Sage 50 from the installation files.
- Press Windows + R or click on Start, type run and select Run .
- Now, type %temp% in the field and click on the OK button.
- Then, double-click Sage 50 or Sage Accounts.
- Double click the file Sage 50 Accounts v25 or Sage 50 Accounts v25.msi
Solution 3: Using Mdac.in file to reset the registry keys.
- Click on the Start button, then search for Run and select it (You can also go to Start > Accessories > Run.
- Now, type Pth\inf in the search field and click the OK button.
- When your computer’s C:\ drive is opened, click on Tools and select Folder Option from the menu.
- Then, click on the View tab and then on Advance Settings. Choose Show hidden files and folders and press the OK button.
- If the Mdac.inf file is displayed, right –click and select Install.
- Insert the Windows Installation CD into your computer’s CD drive
- Open File Explorer, double-click it and press the OK button.
- Reboot your computer.
The solutions that have been provided above, we hope, have been able to help you in fixing error 1919. Errors in Sage require specific solutions based on what is causing it and therefore proper guidance is required. Therefore at Itztechy.com, answers to all your queries are only a few clicks away. Just head to our website and get live support using the in-built chat feature or leave us a message with your contact details and issue and we will soon reach out with a resolution.
What are the features of the Sage 50 Accounts program?
Handle their customers and suppliers
Manage their bank reconciliations and tax returns.
Control project costs and budget.
Use a stock control system for generating bills and stock allocation.
Process sales and purchase orders.