It’s no secret that Sage is one of the best payment solutions available in today’s market. Sage 50, like all good things, is not easy to use. Technology has made our lives more comfortable and easier. In the event of an error or malfunction, the results can be disastrous, especially when the entire project is dependent on the tool.
Today, in this blog we will tell you about “Sage 50 connecting to database error”. This error usually occurs when attempting to open a company file or a sample company file. This guide will show you how to fix this error quickly.
The Following are the causes of the “Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database”:
- The folder to which Sage 50 connects is marked as Read-Only.
- The file or folder to which you are attempting to connect is not present.
- The Firewall is preventing access to the connection manager.
- The Windows Event Log Service has been disabled.
- There is a problem with the .NET framework.
- The Connection Manager has not started or has not been installed on the server.
- The server has a shared location with a permissions problem.
- The address of the UNC is being used.
- The Anti-Virus has identified the Connection Manager as a threat and must have routed it to the quarantine rather than the folder.
How to fix Sage 50 Connecting to Database Error:
You can relaunch the Sage 50 Connection Manager. This will necessitate the following steps:
- Navigate to the Control Panel, Administrative Tools and then go to the Services section.
- Open “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager” option.
- Right-click it and choose STOP, then right-click it again and choose START.
- Open the company file by clicking on it and it will open now.
- Your computer may not have administrator rights if you are unable to stop services and receive an error message stating that the connection manager cannot be stopped
The SAJ folder is read-only or not.
- You will need to close the Sage 50 tool, navigate to the location of the company file, and right-click on the SAJ extension-enabled folder.
- Check to see if the Read Only option is checked under the Properties menu.
- If this is the case, clear it and click OK before restarting Sage 50 and opening the company file.
Check that the files and folders in the.SAJ folder can be viewed:
Navigate to the folder containing all of the SAJ files.
Right-click on the folder to select it.
In the Hidden Options, select Properties and uncheck all of the options.
Apply the settings and click OK.
Reopen the folder and check to see if all of the files and folders that you require are present.
If you want all the settings to be restored to their original state, you can reinstall the programme.
- Sage 50 can be uninstalled by selecting the Uninstall option.
- Sage 50 can be reinstalled by clicking the Reinstall Sage 50 button.
- You can now check if the file is being opened or not by opening the programme and running the test.
Take the time to understand your operating system before you try any of the above options. Changing the Windows Registry in the wrong way can have a major impact on the operating system.
You may contact our well-versed staff of specialists whenever you have a problem. To get connected and learn more, Simply you may contact our trained professionals for help.