T4 Slips contains the employee earnings and tax-related information you need to submit to the federal government at the calendar year-end. These list the employment income before deductions, taxable perks, employer and employee information, Quebec pension plan & Canada pension plan contribution. To file the T4 slips and giving copies to the employees you need to print them. The below article is rounded up with the information to print T4 slips and summary in Sage 50.
How to Set up the Form Options for the T4 Slip/T4 Summary?
Walkthrough the instructions to set up your form buttons for T4 slip or T4 summary:
- Locate the home window
- Give a click on the Setup button
- Select Reports & Forms tab
- Below Government Forms, click Federal Payroll
- Now hit on the T4 Slips printer settings option
- Choose a printer in the printer list
- If you need printing the form with its content then select Form Type list to choose Plain paper laser & inkjet form
- If you need to print on the pre-printed government forms:
- Select Pre-printed laser & inkjet form in the form from the list named Form Type
- Click on a font & font size
- Now perform a test printing
- If you set the printer for a T4 Summary and you do not need to add company information on pre-printed forms then choose the option at the window bottom. It helps you in adding your company name & address on the form.
How to Print a T4 Slip & Summary in Sage 50?
- Open the home window
- Give a click on the Reports option
- Select Payroll tab
- Hit Print T4 Slips & summary
- Choose the Select Year tab
- Click on the year you need to print
- Choose an employee from the list
- If you need to add all employees then choose Select All
How to Print T4 Slips for Inactive Employees in Sage 50?
- Choose the check box labeled Include Inactive employee
- Hit inactive employees in the list
- Choose the check box named print CRA copy for printing the federal government T4 Slips
- If you need to print T4 Slips related to company records and employees then give a click on Print Employee. After this select checkbox named Company Copies
- Click the check box labeled Print CRA T4 Summary to print a T4 summary
- Fill the fields that appear on the tabs such as T4 Summary Business information & T4 Summary Contact information
- Check the information that appears on these boxes
- Hit OK
- Click on the dialog named T4 box options in the income button
- Select the field number; it will print each income account in or make the fields blank
- Go to the Deductions tab to select the field number. It will print each deduction amount in
- Give a click on button named OK
In this above write-up, you get to know how to print T4 Slips and Summary in Sage 50! If you still experience any doubts related to the same then get connected to the Sage 50 professional team. You can also leave your query in the chat box.
What If I Need to Change the left margin settings in Sage 50?
Write negative values for correct positioning of the form
How would I check the T4 Summary in Sage 50?
- Go to the Home window
- Hit Report menu
- Select Payroll tab
- Give a click on the option named Print T4 Slips & summary
- Now choose the year in the Select year button
- Click on the employee from the list
- If you require to print T4 slips for inactive employees then hit the checkbox which says Include Inactive employee
- Choose the inactive employee
- Hit checkbox named Print CRA T4 Summary and delete the other fields
- Enter in the fields on the section named T4 Summary Business information & T4 Summary contact information
- Choose OK
- It will display the T4 Box options page
- Hit OK
How do I Change the Paper Size of the T4 Slip?
Give a hit Setup button, modify the paper size to letter and then select OK