- 1 Possible Reasons Leading to Sage Install Error Code 1308
- 2 Things to be Done Before Resolving the Sage Install Error 1308
- 3 Ways to Resolve Sage Install Error Code 1308:
- 3.1 Method 1: To Repair the Sage Software
- 3.2 Method 2: To Remove All Sage Products
- 3.3 Method 3: Removing the Sage Software and Accounting Folders
- 3.4 Method 4: Configure Windows Computer
- 4 Last Words
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
Just like any other software, where the user can face several issues whilst the installation process. Sage at times can also get some errors. One such error code is Sage Install Error Code 1308. This error code turns up when your computer is unable to locate the concerned source file.
The error is generally extricated and can be resolved by the user without any complex difficulties. Today, in this blog we are going to provide you with a complete guide on Sage Install Error Code 1308.
Possible Reasons Leading to Sage Install Error Code 1308
There are many causes that result in the failed installation of this particular software.
Some issues responsible for the following error are listed below, you can take a look for a better understanding:
- The most common of all is when the user has failed to update the Software to the latest version.
- Possible connectivity fault with Internet service.
- The most faced issue can also be, that the user is unable to locate the source file and is generally missing from the computer.
- Also, one reason can be, the downloaded updates by the user are not yet or installed correctly.
- Your system is not being run as an Administrator.
- There can be a blockage faced with the Windows Installer which further ceases the process to proceed.
- There may be an installation of trial versions that are not expired by the users and can cause several problems.
Apart from the issues mentioned here, there can be other reasons resulting in the problem in the installation of Sage software.
Things to be Done Before Resolving the Sage Install Error 1308
Some system requirements need to be met. They are as follows:
- Ensure that all the installed Updates are up to date marked and latest to avoid any issues.
- You need to make sure that your device is meeting all the necessary system requirements.
- As an Administrator, you can log on to each computer device.
- Also, examine the port access of each device.
- You are required to keep your activation key, serial number, and account number handy. You can easily gather these from the order confirmation mail.
Ways to Resolve Sage Install Error Code 1308:
Different procedures can be brought out to rectify this error code. You can follow any one of the methods mentioned below:
Method 1: To Repair the Sage Software
For carrying out this method there are two ways for doing the same. Which are as follows:
Repair Sage Using Installation Files
- The first step is to pass to File Path, which contains all installation files for Sage software stored.
- From the file path, you need to search for the file named “Autorun.exe”.
- Now, right-click on the icon.
- Go to the “Run as Administrator” option and click on the same.
- Now the start-up screen will appear on your window.
- From the screen, you need to click on the “Remove” or “Modify” button.
- After this step, proceed by clicking on the “Sage 50 Software option present.
- Hit on the button saying “Next”.
- After pressing Next, a window will appear.
- You will see a “Repair” option, choose the same.
- For the final step, hit the “Next” button.
Repair Sage using Control Panel
This process allows the user to repair a specific piece of software from the list of installed programs. The steps are mentioned below:
- On your system, open the “Control Panel”.
- The Control Panel window will appear, now proceed by clicking on the “Programs” option.
- You need to select the “Programs” option again.
- After this, a list of programs will be presented on the screen.
- From the following list, browse “Sage Software”.
- Right-Click on “Sage Software”.
- After this step, press the “Change” option.
- To Complete, hit on the “Next” button.
Method 2: To Remove All Sage Products
Corrupted products and files also play an important role in the failure of the installation of the software. Deleting the files constituting Sage Software entirely might help you install the software again without the error.
Here’s how to do it:
- Please ensure that you create a backup of the company data.
- To back up, you can make use of an external device or even a USB.
- Now, proceed to the “Control Panel”
- Then go to the panel window and select “Programs & Features”.
- After clicking the “Programs & Features”, proceed and search for “Sage Software”.
- Now, hit on the “Uninstall” button present on the window.
- Further, choose and open the “Windows Explorer”.
- Now, navigate the C:\Program Files(x86).
- To finish the process, Delete the “Sage” folder along with the “Winsim” folder.
- Open the documents section and end by saving the backup to the external file.
Method 3: Removing the Sage Software and Accounting Folders
The user is advised to discard the software and all the accounting folders if the error is persistent.
It will further lead you to re-install Sage Software. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- For the first step, proceed to location C:\Users\Public\Public Documents.
- Select all the accounting files after the location.
- Also, choose “Sage software”.
- Click on the button “Delete”.
- After deleting the existing folders, go back and click on the “Start” button.
- From the window, open the “Run” dialogue box.
- For the next step, type “Regedit”.
- After typing the same, open the “Windows Registry” to conclude the process.
The mentioned procedure will thus lead you to download the respective software from a reliable source and further eases the installation.
If there occurs a situation where even after repairing the same issue persists. Then it is suggested to download and install Sage from the beginning.
Follow these steps to download and Install:
- Start by downloading Sage Software from a trusted link.
- The downloads folder will automatically have it, or in case of click Save.
- Now, navigate Sage50Accounts_(version).exe and double-click.
- Press Ctrl +J to check your downloads folder.
- In case a prompt appears, allow by selecting “Yes” for any changes it will make.
- After this, you need to select the check box “I accept the terms of the Licence Agreement”.
- Hit on the button “next”.
- Begin the installation by selecting the standard recommendation “Yes, begin installation”.
- The software will re-check and might prompt again, in the following case click on “Install” and further press “Yes, begin Installation”.
- After this click on “Restart Now” if prompted (make sure to save any work done if the prompt asks to restart).
- Hit the tab “Close”.
Method 4: Configure Windows Computer
The steps listed below explain how to resolve the technical glitches when the Sage software is installed on a new device.
- For the very first step, click on the “Start” button.
- From there move to “Settings”.
- Now, proceed and click on the “Update & Security” window that’s visible on your screen.
- A window will now appear allowing you to check all the updates.
- There is a demand to restore points.
- The restoring can be carried forward by following the steps present on your screen, respectively.
- After that, check that “Sage” software is properly removed.
- You need to further restore the points.
- As for the final step, continue downloading the “.NET framework repair tool”.
- Run this tool and restart the system.
When you restart the system, you are required to install Sage software again and launch the same to ensure and rectify if the Sage 50 Install error persists or is gone for good.
Although error 1308 is the most common issue, it can be easily resolved by downloading and reinstalling the Sage Software.
The above-mentioned methods are laid out to clarify the process of resolving the Sage Install Error 1308 by users without coming to terms with many technical glitches. If you are still facing certain issues or have any doubts concerning the Sage Install error 1308, you can get in touch with the Sage 50 help desk team. The team members are highly skilled and are available at the earliest.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will it be possible to restore a backup into earlier versions of the Software?
The answer to this is No, in any circumstance you can not restore a backup from more recent versions of the software into the older versions.
Is it important to restart your system after resolving Sage Install Error Code error 1308?
Yes, it is important to restart your system after resolving Sage Install Error Code 1308, and here are the steps to restart your system properly. The steps are:-
- Go to the Windows Start menu
- Then click on the power button.
- Finally, select the restart button and your system will restart.
Can we expect Sage Install error 1308 to come if the version is not updated?
Yes, it is mandatory to ensure that the versions are all updated to their latest versions to avoid further complications during the installation process.