- 1 What is Sage Error 1606?
- 2 What is causing Sage Error 1606 to be Displayed on your Screen?
- 2.1 Solutions for Fixing Sage Error 1606 on Your Computer
- 2.2 Conclusion
- 2.3 FAQs
- 2.4 How will launching the SuiteCommonServer.msi file affect my system?
- 2.5 Does the version of Sage I have to download be the same as the version I want to uninstall
- 2.6 Is there a comprehensive solution to delete errors like 1606?
Sage 50 is widely recognized accounting software and is popular among small and medium business owners for their daily bookkeeping tasks. It has a lot of built-in tools and features that can assist you in handling your various aspects of your business. Like every computer application, there are some issues with Sage as well. One of such issues is error 1606 that generally occurs when the users are trying to install or uninstall the Sage application on their computer.
In this blog, we will help you with the information necessary for fixing this error including the reasons because of which this error is displayed and how you can resolve this error on your own.
What is Sage Error 1606?
A server component known as the Sage Practice suite consists of tax and accounts and production software. It consists of components with Sage application such as Sage Taxation. Error 1606 is a result of uninstalling this server component before uninstalling the Sage application. But there could be other reasons behind this error which we have discussed in the next section. Error 1606 is displayed along with the following message-
‘Error 1606: Could not access Network location. INVALID.’
‘Sage Taxation: Error 1606 Uninstalling Sage Taxation on Server’
What is causing Sage Error 1606 to be Displayed on your Screen?
- The Sage Practice suite common server component has been uninstalled before uninstalling the Sage Taxation application.
- The Windows system files are damaged or corrupted.
- Your system has been infected by a virus or a malware.
- The registry subkeys have an incorrect setting.
Also Read: Sage 50 error 1603
Solutions for Fixing Sage Error 1606 on Your Computer
By reinstalling the Sage Practice suite common server component
For fixing the error, you have to use the DVD or the download to repair the installer and then you will be re-installing the ‘Sage Practice suite common server component’
From the DVD
- Open the File Explorer or open My Computer. Now view the files of the DVD.
- Click on the Prerequisites folder and then select SuiteCommonServer. Now run SuiteCommonServer.msi. The installation process will now run.
- Open Programs and Features. Uninstall Sage Taxation.
From the Download
- Double-click the Download file. Keep it running and do not press the Next button.
- Now, press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the run window.
- Type %temp% in the field and click OK.
- When the temp director opens , open the folder WZSE.0
- Go to Prerequisites and then on SuiteCommonServer and launch SuiteCommonServer.msi to install the Sage Practice common server component.
- Now, go back to the installation wizard opened by you in step 1 and click the Cancel button.
- Then, open Programs and Features. Uninstall Sage taxation from your computer.
Performing a system restore
- Log in to your system from the administrator account.
- Now, click on the Start button, select All Programs and choose Accessories. Select System Tools and then click on System Restoration.
- Then click on the option “Restore my system computer to earlier time.”
- Click the Next button and restart your computer.
Verify The Registry Keys And Shell Folder Values
- Click the Start button on your desktop and type Run.
- Then type regedit.exe.
- Check if the value set is the same as the values provided in the table.
- If the values are not matching, then right-click the value and click on the Delete option.
- Now, right-click User Shell Folders and select New. Click on Expandable String Value and type the name value that is in the table. Press the Enter key.
- Then, right click on the value that has been created. Select Modify and then enter the value for that particular value name. Press the OK button.
The information and the resolution provided above are enough to help you to fix this error on your system. Yet we at Itztechy.com understand that not all users are confident in going ahead with resolving the error with methods like system restore as they fear losing their data. Therefore we provide you the convenience of reaching out to our experts in case you have a query or need technical assistance. Leave us a message with your details and issue and we will get back to you with a solution or you can also use the in-built chat support.