Sage 50 is well-known accounting software, which was previously known as Peachtree Accounting. The software application is quite helpful in managing various accounting, taxation, and payroll procedures of small and medium scale businesses. The software application also comes packed with various features that enable the user to complete multiple functions all by themselves whereas without this software the business owner would have to seek the services of different professionals in order to ensure completion of essential daily procedures.
But sometimes, you can get stuck with issues of Sage 50 backups, however, you don’t need to worry. Today in this blog we are going to provide you with a complete guide on Automatic backup issues in Sage 50.
What is Sage 50 Automatic Backup Issue?
Sage 50’s Automatic Backup is a program that you may run outside of Sage 50 to schedule backups of your company’s data. If you prefer, you may execute it from the command line. You’re creating a configuration file or the rules that your backups will follow, in the Automatic Backup window.
Causes Of Sage 50 Automatic Backup Issue :
- In case there is a problem with the connection manager the Sage 50 accounting software can encounter backup issues.
- Lack of stable internet connection can also cause backup issues in the sage 50 software.
- In case, the SAJ folder in the software has more data than the software can malfunction for being exploit and can cause a backup issue.
- The Sage 50 software can also encounter backup issues, in case, the antivirus software hinders the proper functioning of the software suspecting the presence of malware in the program.
- If the user provides an incorrect location of the file that you have to be back up the application software might encounter backup issues due to it.
- The application software might run into backup issues if the user has enabled multi-user mode.
- For the Sage 50 application software to function properly the user needs to log in as an administrator which enables them with complete control of the software, this could also be a reason for the software to encounter backup issues if the user does not log in as an administrator.
- If the system fails to run an automatic backup for the Sage 50 application software has compatibility issues with the operating system the backup issue may pop up on the Sage 50 application software.
Resolution of Sage 50 Automatic Backup Issue :
The user might apply a few techniques in order to resolve the Sage 50 backup issue :
- Accessing as administrator – The user needs to go to the sage 50 icon on the desktop. Then run it as an administrator in order to choose to Restore from backup. After the user has done this, an instruction wizard will appear on the screen which the user needs to follow in order to solve the problem.
- Reducing the file size of the SAJ folder – The user should start by closing the sage 50 software. Press Windows + E in order to open the windows explorer. Then locate the file in question for backup. Once the user has located the file with the SAJ extension they need to double click on it; which might lead to a backup file with cab extensions or a backup folder in the SAJ folder. The user needs to further proceed by moving the backup to a location outside the SAJ folder. Thus, reducing the size of the SAJ folder. The user might also delete the previous backups and take new backups in order to maintain the proper size of the SAJ folder.
- Updating the Automatic Backup – For this, the user needs to open the automatic backup utility. Then browse the location of the file that is causing the errors. Once the user has located the file they need to save it in the backup in the folder of their choice.
- Figuring out compatibility issues with windows – The user require to select properties of the sage 50 application in search for the compatibility tab. Where they will find the compatibility mode section and make sure the program’s configuration is compatible with windows.
How do Check if the Backup was Made Successfully?
To check that you made the backup successfully, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, activate Sage 50 Automatic Backup.
- Now select your configuration report with the aid of using clicking Open. It has the PTC extension.
- Then go to the View Log.
- This will take you history section.
- You won’t find any backup if your View Log is disable.
- Now, you have to additionally take a look at the location in which you detailed the backup to be stored to make sure that it’s far present.
- Finally, The backup must be stored with the.ptb extension.
We hope you have a complete guide on the Automatic Backup Issue in Sage 50. The above-mentioned steps help you to resolve the issue easily. Still, facing any kind of issues or having any kind of queries, feel free to reach out to our team. The team is available 24×7 for your assistance via chat, email, or calls. Feel free to connect with us regarding any kind of problems or errors.
Can you back up Sage 50 Automatically?
The application software automatically creates backup given there is sufficient space on the hard drive provided by the server.
How Many Times Should You Backup Sage 50?
It is recommended that you should backup your data every day which in turn, minimizes the data loss they might encounter in order to restore a backup.
Where can you Find your Backup Data Available on Sage 50?
The data that the application backs up on a daily basis is available on the SAJ folder of the application software
How to Delete an Automatic Backup Configuration?
Follow the steps mentioned below to delete the backup configuration: