Error 6002 occurs while the user is trying to install or uninstall Sage, thereby putting this error in the category of InstallShield errors. You need to be careful while you are using a complex machine such as a computer and proper procedure needs to be followed at all times to ensure that you get optimal performance while using it.
In this blog, you will get to know more about Sage error 6002, what are reasons due to which it occurs and what you can do to remove this error and head on with the installation of Sage 50 on your system. The solutions are provided by our experts and will hopefully prevent error 6002 during installation of Sage 50.
What is Sage Error 6002?
If you have purchased Sage accounting software online or from a store and now trying to install it, there are chances of encountering Error 6002 while you are trying to install this application on your system. The installation process fails and prevents the user from installing the application. You have no option but to exit the installation process if this error is displayed. The following message gets displayed on your computer-
Installation – ‘Error 6002: Setup has experienced an error’
Reasons Due to Which you Have Encountered Error 6002
A assistance glitch such as error 6002 can be due to concerns related to one or more areas of your computer getting affected. We list down some possible reasons you might be facing this error –
- You may not have shut down your system properly or your system switched off unexpectedly due to a power outage.
- There have been some issues related to the network.
- The Windows Installer has been infected by malware or a virus.
- Some important files have been deleted from vital areas (like the registry)
- The system files on your computer have a limited authorization or have been corrupted.
- There could be a hardware related problem with the CD drive of your computer.
How to Ensure that I do not Receive Error 6002 While Installing or Uninstalling Sage?
The following resolutions we are providing are not just to fix error 6002, but are also precautions that you must take to avoid errors like these to interrupt operations in the future-
- When you are installing Sage 50 (or any other Sage application) make sure that there are no active programs running in the background.
- Before stating the installation, clear the folder containing the temporary files.
- You must always ensure that the system is running properly.
- Your network connection must be both fast and stable.
- You should have administrator access when you start the installation and before running Sage, a financial software.
- Keep an anti-virus / anti-malware program installed on your computer and run scans of your system files to keep the data secure.
- Ensure that you have disabled the User Account Control while installing Sage 50 or any other Sage product.
- You must download and manually install the latest version of .NET Framework on your computer.
It is important to understand that to avoid errors such as this one, it is non-negotiable that you always keep your system updated, free from unnecessary or harmful data and follow the right procedure. We strongly recommend that you refer to our FAQs section as we have provided you steps to help you in keeping your system optimized and would further assist you in troubleshooting error 6002. We at Itztechy.com are always at your service if you need any help related to this error or Sage products. Connect with our team using the chat feature on our website or send us a message with your contact details and we will resolve it at the earliest.
Why is it Necessary to have a fast and Stable Internet Connection While installing Sage?
Having a fat and stable internet connection ensures that the installation process does not get interrupted when connection with the Sage servers is being established. Some vital data may have to be downloaded online; therefore the internet should be working properly.
How to close the Active Programs on Your Computer?
To exit all active programs, you can simply press Ctrl + Alt + Delete on your keyboard and select Task Manager/ Start Task Manager. Then click on each application and click on End Task one by one.
What is the Procedure to Empty the Temporary Folder?
To delete the files in the temporary folder-
- Go to Start > Accessories > Run or press Windows + R.
- When the Run window gets opened, type %temp% and click OK.
- In the temporary folder, you can either press Ctrl + A and then hit Delete and confirm with the Yes option or choose which files you want to delete.