QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 is on-premise solutions for the accounting process that allows users to print checks, pay bills and track expenses. The software provides a wide range of applications for monitoring revenue, billing clients, handling payrolls, generating invoices, and payroll taxes.
How many editions does QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 have?
QuickBooks Premier has five editions that are discussed below:
- Manufacturing and wholesale: You can easily manage order fulfillment with advanced inventory, enhanced pick, pack and, shop, and barcode scanning. With the help of new landed features, you can track expenses, freight, and other tasks. The features also involve cycle count for managing inventory.
- General Contractors: The Work Costing Center summarizes key data points from one viewpoint, making it easier to handle end-to-end construction projects and cost monitoring. Now, you can easily get Contractor Reports such as Customer Revenue Productivity, Work Committed Costs, Job Costs, and Full Costs.
- Nonprofit: QuickBooks simplifies the accounting activities of running a nonprofit. Manage important non-profit workflows, such as creating budgets and making donations and pledges. Get the exceptional capacity to store hundreds of thousands of reports designed, donors’ records for nonprofits.
- Professional Services: For simple, end-to-end project management, show all clients and expenses on a single screen. Set specific client, product, or service billing rates and use personalized reporting such as product-by-project unbilled costs, item productivity, and work profit and loss.
- Retail: Now, easily track your customers, cash, and inventory. This edition helps to customize and automate pricing along with thousands of rules related to pricing such as scheduled promotions, quantity discounts and more.
Why upgrade/update to QuickBooks Premier 2020?
QuickBooks Desktop Premier helps in several tasks like integrated inventory management allows you to manage items just right within the QuickBooks. QuickBooks Premier includes pre-constructed reports, customized terminology, and browsers for each sector. Organizations can control access to information by implementing customer, project, service, and employee user permissions and tracking expenses. Users can import contacts and other accounting details to QuickBooks from Excel.
Several of the Premier-only features of QuickBooks include forecast creation, business plan creation, analytics tool, remote access, inventory monitoring, and sales order reports. Products are sold for the same number of users on a one-time payment or monthly subscription basis.
What’s newly added in QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020?
- Using Automated Payment Notifications to quickly set notifications for customers when their invoices are due.
- Simplify in terms of handling customer payments by consolidating several invoices into one email only.
- A more efficient method of file transfer between Accountants and users of QuickBooks.
- Now you can easily add PO numbers of customers to email subject lines in QuickBooks
- Hide columns in reports with jobs and classes to see quick, easy-to-read customer numbers
- To explore advanced support in QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2020 then just click “F1” and search experience or access to live experts through sending messages and call back options.
- Find and open company files at ease with additional file search options.
QuickBooks Premier contains all the features of QuickBooks Pro, plus tools tailored to your business
- Uncover insights into the sector with industry-specific reports
- Creating sale orders and monitoring backorders
- Tracking prices and inventory for assembled products
- Set rates for products/services by category of customer
- Customize your reports on the inventory to get the right details for your business
- Gain invoice status visibility in real-time to boost collections and remain on top of your cash flow.
- Pass credits to customers through work, quick and simple.
- Keep track of what you owe to suppliers, from check to bill pay, quickly.
- Reduces file size efficiently and dramatically without removing data-with confidence and ease on your own.
- Be confident you are correctly accumulating sick and holiday time.
- Get your QuickBooks file upgraded or transferred to a new computer.
- Add flexibility and insight with newly customizable inventory reports to your business.
- Get your work done significantly faster on multiple monitors with windows open.
- Save time with a searchable new Accounts Chart
- Compare business results by one click on a cash or accrual basis.
- Automated reports let you know that when you schedule them, your reports are on time and reliable based on the data given, automatically produced and emailed to you.
- Get a full picture of your market results; see your profit and loss, revenue and expenditures and top customers on the Homepage Insights instantly.
- Within a single window, display all reminders and updates-overdue things, to do such as activities, device alerts, and accountant notes.
- Show and add relevant information about clients, distributors, and employees.
- Microsoft supports the following Windows version includes Windows 8.1 Update 1 or Windows 10 update/version
- It requires Windows Server 2012 (or R2), 2016 or 2019
- 4 GB of RAM (8GB is suggested
- 2.5 GB disk space and additional space may require for data files
- It requires 4 x DVD-ROM drive
- Internet access at least 1 Mbps with good speed in order to use payroll features
- It requires Product registration
- Optimize your screen to 1208×1024 resolution or maybe higher
- It supports only work workstation system including two extended monitors
- It requires default DPI settings for optimization
Integration with other software
- It requires Office 2010 SP2–2016 or Office 365 with 32 and 64 bit in order to do Microsoft Word and Excel integration
- Estimates, invoices, and other email forms with Microsoft Outlook 2010 SP2-2016, Microsoft Outlook with Office 365, Gmail™, Outlook.com, and other email clients that support SMTP.
- POS 12.0 or 18.0 can be integrated with QuickBooks.
- Integration can happen with Quicken 2016–2019 data transfer, Microsoft Excel 2010 SP2, 2013, 2016, Office 365 requires 32 bit and 64 bit, and QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2016-2020.
QuickBooks is so well-known for a reason for doing so well accounting tasks and truly does it well. QuickBooks Premier is totally no different. Clear double-entry accounting, simple bank audit, journal reports, a clear account map, and more, make it a perfect choice for accountants and other business owners who appreciate conventional, locally-installed accounting. Furthermore, the app provides invoicing, time tracking, project management, budget monitoring and just about every other functionality that you may like.