Sage offers products customized for various business sectors as the requirements and utilities of each business are different. One of the most popular products is Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate. This Sage product is an important part of your real estate business as it helps in managing labor costs, placing and changing orders, keeping track of accounts payables, receivables, and purchase orders along with generating invoices and reports. But there are few applications that are an indispensable part of your workstation and errors related to them can disrupt the working of your Sage application as well
One of those errors is one with the error code 1722, which we will be taking up in this blog. If you are trying to install SAGE 300 Construction and Real Estate and have encountered this error or want to prevent it, read on to know what is causing this error and how you can fix it yourself.
About Sage Error 1722
As we’ve mentioned above, Sage error 1722 is prominent if you are trying to install Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate, but it can be faced by users using other Sage products as well. This error stops the installation process of the Sage 300 CRE and only reconfiguration of the settings can resolve this problem. Not only will there be an instant rollback of the installation, but your computer may also freeze or your mouse pointer may also not respond as well.
Why is Sage Showing Error 1722 on Your Screen?
Error on your SAGE accounting application could be caused because of the following reasons-
- The Windows Firewall installed on your system is facing some errors.
- The version of Java installed on your system is causing the error.
- There is some glitch in the .NET framework installed on your system.
- The installation of Sage service host is being prevented by the SAGE Service host.
Read This: How to Fix Sage Error 1335
What are the Steps you can Take to Troubleshoot Sage Error 1722?
Since any of the three programs could be the reason behind Sage error 1722, the steps for troubleshooting are also concerned with fixing each of them-
Solution 1- By Restarting the Windows Firewall
- Go to Start and then click on the Control Panel. Then click on Windows Firewall.
- If the Windows Firewall Service does not start, then go to Start and click on Run.
- In the Run window, type CMD and then press the Enter key.
- Now, type “Rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Ndi-Steelhead 132 %windir%\inf\netrass.inf” and then press the Enter key.
- Go to Windows Firewall again in the Control Panel. The service would have been still disabled but now you have the option to enable it.
- Open the Command prompt once again and type “Netsh firewall reset” and press the Enter key.
- Now click Start and click on Run. Type “firewall.cpl” and press the Enter key.
- Then, click on ON in the Windows firewall dialog box and click on the OK button.
- Start Windows Firewall and now try installing Sage 300 CRE.
Solution 2- By Uninstalling and Installing the Java
- If you have Java installed, then go to the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Uninstall Java.
- Download Java from www.java.com/en and install it.
- Then, try installing Sage 300 CRE on your computer.
Solution 3- By Uninstalling and Reinstalling .NET Framework
- Click on Start > Control Panel.
- Now, uninstall Microsoft .Net framework.
- Then, use your web browser and visit http://www.microsoft.com /net/downloads. Locate the version of .NET framework which you uninstalled and download it.
- Install .NET framework on your computer.
- Try installing Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate on your system.
Solution 4- By Making Changes to the Windows Assembly
The following steps should be implemented only if the above solutions consisting of restarting Windows Firewall and uninstalling and reinstalling Java and .NET framework have not been able to solve the issue:
- Open Windows Explorer and go to the location C:\Windows\Assembly.
- Now, find Sage assemblies like SAGE.LS1.ServiceHost.
- Right-click on it and choose Uninstall. If access denied pops up on your screen, check the required permissions. But if there is no such prompt, you can continue with the installation process.
- Now, click Start and type CMD in the search box. Then right-click on the command prompt and choose Run as an Administrator.
- Type “cd/d%windir%\asembly” in the command prompt and press the Enter key.
- After that type “cp desktop.ini desktop.ini” and hit the enter key.
- Now, type attrib -r -h –s desktop.ini” and hit the Enter key.
- Then, type “ren desktop.ini desktop.bak” and hit the Enter key.
- Type “explorer” and hit the Enter key again.
- The windows explorer will now open. Browse to C:\Windows\Assembly.
- The windows folders will now have an assembly view. See if there are Sage files or folders in the “Gac” or Temp folders.
- Delete the files of any folder which has Sage in its filename.
- Type “ren desktop.bak2 desktop.ini” in the console window of the command prompt and hit the Enter key.
- Type “ren desktop.bak desktop.ini” and again hit the Enter key.
- Now, try installing Sage 300 on your computer.
Also Read: Sage 300 Database Error 49153
The troubleshooting methods mentioned above are directed toward resetting the changes that may have been done to important components of your system like the Firewall, Java, .NET Framework, and the assembly files. Therefore, some of the instructions could be complex as they require a thorough knowledge of the operating system.
We at itztechy.com understand that it may not be possible for every user to know the intricacies, and therefore, we also provide you with assistance on how to fix safe error 1722 through various mediums. You can get in touch with us and get call Helpdesk or send your questions via the chat feature on our website.
What is the use of the Java program?
Java is an object-oriented programming language that is used for developing web-based and cloud applications, games, android applications, etc for various platforms like computers and mobile.
How does .NET framework assist in the functioning of my system?
It is a software development framework used by Microsoft to create and run applications that are based on XML, websites, apps, and services.
What is a Windows Assembly and what is the Windows assembly temp folder used for?
Windows assembly is a compiled code library in the Common Language Infrastructure which is used for the purpose of functionalities related to security, versioning, and deployment. The temp folder is used for installing and uninstalling assemblies.