Sage 50 is a one-stop solution for all business owners who are looking for an application to manage their daily accounting tasks like generating invoices, keeping a tab on accounts, making payments and even filing taxes. If you have purchased it online or purchased it’s CD from a store or chances are that you may see error 1335 getting displayed on your PC while you are installing the application on your system.
In this blog, itztechy.com is here for your rescue as we tell you why are you facing this error and what are the steps you can take to fix this issue so that you can start working on Sage 50 and see your business scale new heights in the future with an all round bookkeeping solution.
What is Sage Error 1335?
Error 1335 is a assistance glitch in Sage 50 which is accompanied by a message: “the cabinet file ‘Data1.cab’ required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used.’ It specifically occurs while the user is trying to install a Sage application on their computer. This error has its roots in the inability of the system to retrieve the information necessary to install the software from the CD or from the online source like Sage’s official website.
What are the Reasons for Sage Error 1335?
Now, the major causes for this inability to retrieve or decode the Data1.cab file needed for installation could be that the:
- The installation file downloaded or the source media like the CD or DVD is corrupted.
- The cabinet file required for installation of the service pack is damaged.
- The system firewall, the anti-virus software or a third party software is preventing the installation of the .cab file.
What are the Ways to fix Sage Error 1335?
Our experts recommend that you should try these steps in order to troubleshoot error 1335 in Sage 50.But before beginning with the troubleshooting process it is strongly recommended that you first clean the CD/DVD with a soft cloth.
Solution 1: For a file that had been Previously Downloaded.
- Click on Start, search and click on Run. Then search for the file SA_201X.
- Now, right click on this file and select Run as Administrator.
- Click on Browse from the installation directory.
- After that right click on your desktop, select New and choose Folder. Name this folder as Temp.
- Open this folder and extract the files here.
- Now, try installing Sage 50 on your computer.
Solution 2: If you are Facing Problems with Windows Installshield.
- Insert the DVD in your computer and then open Computer either from the start menu or from the desktop.
- Right –click on the disk and choose Browse CD or the Open in New Window option.
- Now, Double click the file Peachw and then on Install.
- Then choose the setup.exe file from the list.
- After that when the license agreement page is displayed, you have to click on the checkbox next to Accept.
- Click on the Install button.
- Click on Finish when the process is completed and then try installing Sage 50 on your computer.
Solution 3: If there are issues with the DVD drive.
- Right click on your desktop screen and choose the New option.
- Then select the Folder option.
- Now, rename the file to Install and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Insert the DVD in your computer.
- Choose Browse CD from the list or right click and select Open.
- Click on Edit and then choose the Select All option from the menu.
- Now, again click on Edit and choose the Copy option.
- Go to your desktop and double –click on the Install folder.
- Paste the file here by right clicking and then selecting the Paste option
- Run the installation by double clicking on Setup.exe file.
Solution 4: If the Installer file you have Downloaded is Corrupted
- If you have downloaded the installation files and are getting a message that the files are corrupt then you have to disable the Windows Firewall and the anti-virus program of your system.
- Now, download the file once again from Sage’s official website.
The information regarding the Sage error code 1335 and the ways using which you can fix this issue which we have provided in this blog are enough to get the installation process working .We, at itztechy.com understand how important it is for a business to have its accounting application up and running and for those handling it to have the right information. Therefore please check the FAQs section below. We also provide assistance through call assistance and through the in-built chat feature of our website. You can also leave us a message and we will get back to you with a resolution.
Can error 1335 be caused by a cabinet file other than data1.cab?
Yes, error 1335 in Sage 50 can also be caused when a cabinet file ‘PCW_CAB_78CB96C9’ is corrupt.
What are the files with the extension .cab used for?
The .cab or the cabinet files are compressed archive files. They transfer the installation files from a particular source to your computer.
Why are .cab files installed if I download an application from a website?
Not only do cabinet files help in downloading the application to the computer from a website by carrying important data like digital certificates, they also help in transferring the files faster.