User encounters QuickBooks Backup Error Code 2108 when attempting to restore your QuickBooks company file using the Intuit Data Protect (IDP). If this error happens, it indicates that the data connection between your computer and the servers is not operating properly any longer. When a backup is restored or saved on external media such as a USB drive or a network. There are several other causes behind this backup are discussed below. In this blog, you find the best solutions to fix QuickBooks Backup Error 2108.
What is Intuit Data Product (IDP)?
It is one of the most effective add on to Intuit services. It helps in creating a backup of company data files on secure servers. The IDP can easily integrate with the 2019 and the later versions of QuickBooks. It is capable of taking backups of your data automatically at your preferred timing every day.
QB users can directly connect with the QuickBooks Helpdesk
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 2108
Knowing the reasons behind any error is very important. With the help of reason, you can resolve your error in the least possible time; accordingly you can find the solution. Here is the list of all the possible causes:
- This can occur due to some security reasons
- You may not run your software as an administrator
- The Windows firewall configuration which causes the problem
- IDP is not included in the Trusted Website List
- The requirements of the system are not completely fulfill
- Check the applications for QuickBooks, and upgrade the IDP.
- There is a problem with the login details so it is suggested you must verify it.
Troubleshoot steps for QuickBooks Backup Error 2108
Here you get the easy troubleshoot step after you don’t get the same error again when doing the backup using the IDP. Perform the mentioned steps in the given sequence:
- Initially, press windows key from your keyboard
- Then type Firewall in the search bar
- After that select the Allow an app via Windows Firewall option
- Next, select “Allow another app”
- Go to program files and then open common files
- Locate the Intuit on the same
- Then it open intuit folder and then open the data protect
- Add the files in it
- Select the Private in the Network type
- At last, select and click on the Add button in order to add the IDP in the list of trusted sites.
Perform the below-mentioned steps to add the Intuit Data Protect (IDP) in the trusted sites:
- The very first, go to Internet options
- next, open the Security tab
- After that select and click on the trusted sites option
- Now add the IDP to the trusted websites lists by clicking on the sites option
- At last, hit the close button and then the Ok button to complete and save the process.
Two methods to take a backup your company file
QuickBooks offers two automatic methods:
The first approach generates a backup file when you close the file, as well as set the frequency of how frequently the QuickBooks creates a backup.
Other methods you can do it manually take a backup of the company data file. Select back up from the file menu and then click on the backup company file tab. At last, click to the browse button in order to edit the file name and location of the file.
QuickBooks offers a simple way to back up your company file with just a few clicks and you can even set up an automatic backup to establish a backup of your company file data at regular intervals, but issues occur when you back up data cause errors in QuickBooks. You’ll get the troubleshooting steps above to fix your account’s QuickBooks backup error 2108. This is overcome by modifying firewall settings.