QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 occurs when you attempt to update your payroll tax tables but an error notice shows on your screen unexpectedly, halting the update process. It is usually caused by an invalid license, a failed validation of your payroll subscription.
There are also additional causes in the program that might cause QuickBooks maintenance release problem PS036. The error code causes your active window to crash and stops you from completing an ongoing action. This blog post goes through how to solve a specific issue with code in-depth, as well as some troubleshooting tips. Let’s get started!
How to Verify QuickBooks Payroll Subscription
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop and install the Tax Table release.
- You can log into your QuickBooks Payroll Service account from the same connection that is hosting your website.
- Visit the Employee menu section
- Tap on the My Payroll Services
- Next, click the Account/Billing Information option
- Submit the correct credentials
- Click on the Sign-in button
- After you sign in, you need to access the Payroll Account Management Portal to get the payroll-related information
- Verify the Employee Identification Number (EIN) that is shown with the company name.
- You need to ensure that whether the company name is correct or not
- Click the edit button next to Payroll Admin and make the required changes
- Click update and save the changes and then close
- Your computer will automatically detect and download the updates for you.
- Ensure that your problem has been resolved
You May Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Error 6000
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036?
We provide you with the list of QuickBooks error codes for many reasons. The following are quick and easy ways to identify what code yours is.
Here you can Check the Following Reasons –
- Verify that your subscription is active on the QuickBooks Payroll account.
- There is more than one Payroll subscription or Payroll agreement that is dormant with a Direct Deposit arrangement.
- Paysub.ini file is corrupted or damaged
- Neither the product nor the service has been updated in a long run
- The service key is wrong
- There is an incorrect or invalid PSID in the company file.
- You have to find out the computability between QuickBooks and Windows.
- The EIN number is invalid for the payroll subscription
How Can You Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS036?
Here are the 2 ways you can resolve this QuickBooks Payroll Error. You can perform either of the suggested activities according to the reason your payroll error is being generated.
1st Method: We should rename Paysub.ini
To find the paysub.ini file in Windows, you need to show hidden files first. To achieve this, these are the steps:
- Open the file explorer in the windows system
- Click on Organize from the top menu
- Next, choose the folder and search option
- Click on View
- Click on Hidden Files and Folders
- Then you have to mark the Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drivers option
- Click on “Apply” and then “Ok” to save the changes
- Go to file explorer and click on My Computer or This PC option on the left side
- Move to the search bar and then type Paysub.ini
- Click on Enter
- Next, right-click on the Paysub.ini file
- Select rename from the list of drop-down options
- Add OLD at the last of the file name.
- Perform these steps for all the torrent files you found in the system
2nd Method: Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop with the clean install Selective Startup Mode
- To begin with, make a backup of your company file externally. You must make sure that you are able to access the information of your license registration process easily.
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously after opening the Run Windows.
- A Run window gets displayed on your computer screen.
- Once the Run window is opened, type MSConfig in it.
- Tap Enter.
- In the open-up window, click ‘General’.
- Post that, choose Load System Services and Selective Startup.
- Navigate the Services tab.
- Select the “Hide all Microsoft Services” option.
- Do not forget to select the Disable All option.
- Make sure that you keep all the Microsoft services hidden.
- The next step is to install and run the program while ensuring that the windows installer option has been chosen, finally tap Ok.
- Start the windows carefully. In case things go wrong, restore the computer using this feature.
How to Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Simultaneously press the Windows + R keys in order to open the Run window.
- Fill ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the text box of the Run window that gets displayed.
- The programs that are already installed will be listed by the windows once you press the Enter key.
- Select QuickBooks on the Desktop.
- When done, select the Uninstall/Change option.
- Tap Remove to remove the extension.
- After completely removing the QuickBooks, start the windows once again.
How to Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
- The first step is to download the QuickBooks setup file.
- With the help of an easy installer, install QuickBooks.
- Finish the QuickBooks installation process. Remember to enter your license key while the process is completed.
How to Switch Windows to Normal Startup Mode
- Simultaneously press Windows + R keys.
- Fill MSConfig in the space given.
- Tap the Enter key.
- Select normal startup Mode just below the General tab.
- Tap Ok. Restart the Windows.
- Try to run the payroll update again and see if the error still occurs or not.
We know the importance of payroll services for the growth and success of any business. Therefore, our team is determined to help the users in using this software by providing ample ways to contact us, including instant chat Helpdesk with expert specialists.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How Can I Debug a QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036?
- Ensure to have the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- We would suggest you also have the most recent tables so as to save your time.
- Install and Run the QuickBooks Desktop Program.
- After that, Open the employee’s section.
- Tap My Payroll Services.
- Now, select your accounting/billing language.
- Enter your email address, password followed by the CAPTCHA in order to open your account.
- It is always recommended to update your system to use the latest features with ease.
What to do when QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 is raised due to an outdated tax table?
If the payroll tax table is not updated, it can make you encounter a PS036 error. Don’t worry, we are here to help. You can use the below-listed options to deal with this issue:
- Check if the login information of your QuickBooks login account is correct or not.
- Install the update QuickBooks Desktop as it offers varied features and an impressive performance.
- Cross-check the Employee Identification Number (EIN) twice.
What are the possible outcomes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036?
The following can be the results of the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 error:
- You can return back and correct the things that were initially creating problems after you reinstall your program.
- The software crashes so windows no longer remain of any use.
- The performance of your system and the software gets highly affected.