- 1 What is Payroll Update Error?
- 2 Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error
- 3 Causes of the Payroll Update Error
- 4 Solutions of the QuickBooks Payroll Update Number
- 5 How to Download the Update in Safe Mode?
Payroll services are the origin of QuickBooks and these are very beneficial for the business that uses the payroll services. Many organizations are aware of this service and are using this service for a long period. For the small and medium and small size, it’s like a boon as they can avail of the services and benefits of the payroll services. QuickBooks works very quickly and fast and QuickBooks keeps updating the software from time to time to give the QuickBooks user a more friendly experience. Let’s talk about what is “QuickBooks Payroll Update Error”, it is not a big error but a class of error which generally occurs while updating QuickBooks Payroll. Mostly all of the users who are using QuickBooks must be known for this error. There are many error codes for the payroll update errors.
What is Payroll Update Error?
When any user tries to update the payroll of the QuickBooks and any issues occurs while updating the payroll update that error is generally called QuickBooks Payroll Update Error. There can be many errors that come under this category. Let’s go ahead towards the reasons and symptoms of payroll update error so that everyone can identify the QuickBooks update and resolve it as soon as possible.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Update Error
The QuickBooks payroll update error can easily be noticed. Many error codes and symptoms display on the screen to tell you this error.
- Active program window crashes
- While running the PC, sometimes PC get crashed with this error
- Windows work slowly
- Sometimes computer freeze for a moment
- The error message shows at the time of installation
Causes of the Payroll Update Error
As mentioned above that there are many error codes for Payroll update error and as per the codes, reasons are also different. Some of the error causes are given below.
- Damaged QuickBooks files
- Corrupted Windows Explorer files
- Security applications or firewall are preventing QuickBooks
- QuickBooks files are not available on the drive
- Payroll subscriptions not activated
- More than one active payroll in the inactive Direct Deposit agreement
- Any QuickBooks Data is damaged
- Service key incorrect used
- If the employer identification number is not valid or connect for some reason
- If any company file PSID is invalid or incorrect for any reason
Many causes are there but if you need to get the exact reason as you can connect with the team at helpdesk number
Solutions of the QuickBooks Payroll Update Number
QuickBooks Payroll is one of the best features of QuickBooks Desktop software that helps you to process payroll directly from the QuickBooks Desktop. To work properly you must update it on a regular basis. Updating payroll is a must to work more smoothly. Most of the time, the errors are stars from 15XXXX series. Some of the codes are mentioned below.
You can follow the below steps to get resolve the errors that start from 15XXXX series.
- Run the file Reboot.bat.file
- Open the QuickBooks after rebooting the computer
- IF system ask you to install the update, click on Install now
- If the system is not able to process the update, remove the downloaded update and update again
- Close the QuickBooks
- Press Windows and open a new window explorer
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <versionXX> \Components.
- In QuickBooks go to Help>>Update QuickBooks Desktop
- Click on Update Now button and put a checkmark on the Reset the update box
- Download the updates again
- After finishing downloading, first close and then open the QuickBooks again
- Now install QuickBooks Desktop Update service
If still error does not resolve to go to below steps:
Check Internet Explorer settings
- Set Internet Explorer as a default browser
- Check your computer’s date and time
- Click twice on the time display
- Check the current date time in the Date time settings
- Modify the time and date if needed
- Select the appropriate time zone
- Check the Cipher strength
Internet Explorer 11
- Go to the official website of Intuit
- From the main menu go to file>>properties
- Go to connections and check the number before the phrase
- Select tools >>Internet options
- Go to General Tab and click Delete
- Select Temporary Internet Files and then delete the same
- Go to Connections tab and choose LAN Setting
- Check on automatically Detect Settings
- Proxy servers should be blank, except if you are using one
- Go to the advanced tab
- Mark the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked
- Uncheck the check for publisher’s certificate checkbox
- Go to the Advanced tab and check TLS1.2 is marked, apart from that TLS1.0 and TLS1.1 are not checked and if it is marked, make is unmarked
How to Download the Update in Safe Mode?
- Switch on your computer in safe mode
- Try to download updates for QuickBooks again
- Once updates download successfully, restart the computer in normal mode
Means QuickBooks Payroll Update Error is a wide category with a large number of error codes. It is not possible to write all the error codes and solutions for all the codes. If you are facing the error code starting with series 15XXX, you can follow the above-given steps to rectify the same. If you are getting some error code, in that case, get in touch with any IT expert to resolve it soon. Once the issues are solved stay with updated QuickBooks and enjoy working with QuickBooks.