- 1 Introduction
- 1.1 What are the Causes for Sage 50 Activation Error?
- 1.2 How You Can Resolve Sage 50 Activation Error?
- 1.2.1 Method 1 – Closing the Sage 50 application.
- 1.2.2 Method 2- Disabling the Windows Firewall and Antivirus.
- 1.2.3 Method 3- By doing Modifications to data files
- 1.2.4 Method 4- Correcting the System Date and time
- 1.2.5 Method 5- Uninstalling / Reinstalling the Pervasive Data Manager
- 1.2.6 Method 6- Verify if the versions of Sage 50 are same
- 1.3 Conclusion
- 2 FAQs
Sage 50 has made business accounting efficient and saved a lot of precious time of businesses worldwide through a host of features. But when errors occur while you are activating your copy of Sage 50 after purchase or after some time of using the product, it is doing the opposite.
This blog comes to the rescue of users who are seeing messages like “There was a problem activating . Please try again later activation files” or “There was a problem with the activation files for Sage 50 “, is unable to open sage 50 programs, refresh its subscription or their activation fails repeatedly. It is highly recommended that instead of solving it on your own, you first read the information provided below so that your data remains secure.
What are the Causes for Sage 50 Activation Error?
There can be multiple reasons responsible for the Sage 50 activation error like-
- The .dat file option is either hidden or damaged
- The date setting of your system is incorrect
- The data path is either damaged or corrupted.
- The activation process is being prevented by the Windows firewall or anti-virus.
- The Pervasive Data Manager is not properly installed.
How You Can Resolve Sage 50 Activation Error?
Resolving Sage 50 activation error can be done through various methods. Follow the one from those mentioned below which you think is appropriate for you-
Method 1 – Closing the Sage 50 application.
- Exit all Sage 50 applications on your system.
- Browse the data path of Sage 50 and find the xml file.
- Now, restart the Sage 50 application and enter the activation key again.
Method 2- Disabling the Windows Firewall and Antivirus.
- Log in to your computer as an Administrator.
- From the control panel, disable the windows firewall and the antivirus application.
- Restart your computer.
You May Also Read: Error: Sage 50 Accounting could not be Started
Method 3- By doing Modifications to data files
- Close Sage 50 on your computer.
- Login into the system as an Administrator.
- Look for the following files and either move or rename them to a new folder-
- All files with the PTL extension
- All files with the LCK extension
- After that, launch the Sage 50 application and perform a manual activation.
Method 4- Correcting the System Date and time
- Log in as an administrator on your system.
- Right–click on the taskbar or click on the date and time on your screen.
- Choose the Adjust date/time option and rectify the date and time.
- First, click on Apply and then press OK.
Method 5- Uninstalling / Reinstalling the Pervasive Data Manager
- Login in as an administrator on your computer.
- Now, you have to uninstall the Pervasive Data Manager and re-install it on your system.
Method 6- Verify if the versions of Sage 50 are same
- Check if there are different versions installed on the computers. If they are different, the one with the lower version needs to be upgraded.
- On the computer with the lower version, Click on Help and select the option Sage 50 Activation and Subscription.
- Click OK.
- Now enter the new serial number. You can find the serial number by going to Help and then selecting About Sage 50 Accounting.
- Close and re-launch Sage 50.
- Check if the application has been activated or not.
The resolutions mentioned above are provided by our experts and therefore we hope that they would have successfully resolved the problem of facing errors while activating Sage 50. If there is still some issue or need any technical assistance regarding Sage 50 products, you can contact us on (toll-free) or drop a message on our website and we will soon get in touch with you.
What kind of files are those with a .dat extension?
.dat extension files are generic data files having information related to the program which has created that file.
Why Windows firewall prevents Sage 50 activation?
Windows firewall prevents changes to your system for its security and restricts activation based on suspicion. Hence, they have to be disabled first.
Is the activation error also caused by a corrupted network drive?
Yes, a damaged network drive can cause this error. You have to contact an IT professional to solve this issue.