There are various causes that can hinder the link between Sage 50 and Data location. For all the factors, we found out some of the likely causes of the Error.
In today’s blog, we are going to tell you about some causes behind Connecting Company Data Location Error, and not just this we are going to provide the solutions for the error.
What are the Reasons Sage 50 Isn’t Connecting to the Company Data Location?
- Mode of selection that is incompatible.
- Disconnected or Empty Mapped Drive
- Drive was incorrectly mapped.
- Connection to the Host Machine or the Server has been lost.
- The.INI (Information) File linked to an incorrect data path.
- Incorrect security settings are present on the host machine or server.
- When a computer’s programme versions diverge from those of the host machine and server.
- The issue with DNS Resolving (Domain Name Service).
- Data Path File/Folder Deleted or Moved.
Also Read: Sage 50 Database Connection Error
Sage 50 Resolutions Cannot Connect to Your Data Location
Solution I: Compatibility mode is to be checked:
- Go into and open the Sage 50. Click Properties right now.
- Choose the Compatibility Tab now.
- You’ll get a tag: “Run this Program in compatibility mode”.
- Now, click Apply and OK.
- Now check if Sage 50 opens without or without an error.
Solution II: Disabled Network Drive
- First, go to my Computer.
- Now check your driver’s error.
- If the drive is not found or it is not present, a drive letter must be used to remap the drive. Our Experts Team can help you map your drive again.
- The process can request an user ID and password for this procedure.
- Enter the correct credentials and select a Recall box.
- Click OK Now (It also Helpdesks the shutting off feature. It is to be found in a link with further information)
- You must restart your system if you locate the empty drive.
Solution III: Incorrect data path configuration file
- Click Start then All programs.
- For versions such as 2011 and 2011, you have to download Sage Advisor Diagnostic Tools.
- Now, click on Sage 50 201X and follow by clicking on Resources and Help.
- Here, you must search the assistance Utilities and then click on the diagnostic tool of the Sage Advisor.
- The License Agreement must be checked by clicking on the checkbox.
- Go to the location of the company and just next to it click on the checkbox. Click OK now and the file starts getting checked.
- The result box shows the test result. It shows the journey and path of the most recently opened businesses.
- See the latest companies opened and notice their routes.
- Turn off the diagnostic tool for Sage Advisor.
- Open double click and open the .INI file.
- Now, modify the directory of the data path. It reflects the correct path for data.
- Click File and click Save.
- Close the .INI File.
- Now, test Sage 50 when you open it.
We hope that the above-mentioned steps will assist you to fix the Sage Company Data Location error. However, you may contact our well-versed staff of specialists whenever you have a problem. To get connected and learn more, Simply you may contact our trained professionals for help.