If you are using the Sage 50 2020 version and the application software is not responding on your computer, then you must be looking for ways to fix it. Well, you are at the right place. We will look into the causes behind the ‘not responding’ error, different ways where you can recognize this error and ways to fix this error. Let us first look into some of the common causes as to why this error occurs.
Different causes behind this error include interrupted or stopped Sage communication with Windows due to enabled Windows compatibility mode, low or no RAM left on your system, slow network or server issue, corrupt or damaged data files. These reasons are some of the common ones, but the list is not exhaustive.
There are different error messages you can receive through which you can recognize this error like if nothing happens if you click on modules, or when the ‘not responding’ status is being shown for Sage 50 in the Task Manager, or when the program status window displays ‘not responding’ for an extended period of time.
Now, let us see some of the ways to resolve them. We will discuss the troubleshooting steps to resolve this error. The different ways to deal with Sage 50 2020 ‘not responding’ error is as follows:
- Fixing the error by disabling the compatibility mode with Win XP.
- Run the app as admin and resolve the error.
- Rebooting or restarting your computer
- Fix the error by restarting the connection manager service.
How to fix Sage 50 ‘Not Responding’ Error
Solution 1. Fixing the error by Disabling the Compatibility mode with Win XP.
This is the first and foremost action you can take when you come across a ‘not responding error. You need to first click open the Sage 50 accounting on your computer and after that perform the below action:
- à Click on properties > compatibility tab > and uncheck the box for running the program in compatibility and click on OK. This will hopefully resolve your error, else move on to the next method.
Solution 2. Run the app as Admin and Resolve the Error.
When disabling the compatibility mode does not work, you can perform the below actions after clicking open the Sage 50 2020 on your computer:
- Select properties >click on compatibility > choose to run as admin and click on OK. Now ensure to verify that you are not getting the ‘Not responding’ error anymore.
Solution 3. Rebooting or Restarting Your Computer (in case .SAI file is stored locally or shared with other users)
If the ‘not responding’ error does not get resolved with the above two options, you can follow the below steps:
- First, start by copying the data locally and creating a backup in case you are suspecting a network issue, check the size of the file if the copy process is not as fast as you expect.
- You also need to ensure that everyone is logged out and reboot your server after that by rebooting the router or switching off in case of a network issue.
Solution 4. Fix the Error by Restarting the Connection Manager Service.
In case you are unable to resolve the error with any of the above options, you can then follow the below steps:
- Start by pressing the windows start button on your computer, and in the Search program and files type ‘Services.msc’. After that, you need to right-click on Sage 50 database connection manager under the name.
- Once you click on Sage 50 database connection manager, you will see the restart button, you need to click on the button to restart the connection manager service.
Can you list down the steps to fix Sage 50 account data check errors?
You can start by clicking on File > maintenance > then recovery tools and then take a backup once you are prompted to do so. After that recalculate order allocations and then click on OK. After that recalculate the project history and click on OK and close. Lastly, when you are prompted to check the data again, click on Yes.
How can you repair the sage 50 with the help of the Sage 50 Database repair utility tool?
First, click on the windows icon > start > and click on all programs. After that select Sage accounting 50 and click on Sage 50 resources > and help and click on ‘assistance utilities’. Finally, click on the Sage 50 database repair utility and start the tool and start the database repair procedure
What are the steps to run an audit trail report in Sage 50 accounting on my computer?
You can start by first clicking on transactions > and then choosing to go to reports. After that you need to click on the Audit trail > choose the report that you want to run on your computer. Once you are able to run the audit report and it gets open on your system, you will find all the list of transactions in the form of an audit trail. Now you just have to click on preview, fill the criteria window, and click on OK
Can you list down the steps to restore the sage 50 accounting payroll backup?
Click start the Sage 50 accounting on your computer and log into your payroll for which you want to restore the data. Now go to the menu bar > click miscellaneous > click restore. After that click on browse and select the backup from where it is stored. After that click on OK.