Has error 1628 disrupted the installation of Sage accounting application on your computer? Do you not know how to fix this error and complete the installation? Not to worry as Itztechy.com brings you all the information you need in your arsenal to shoot down this error from your computer so that you quickly finish with the installation process and start working on Sage and take your business to the next level.
Sage’s accounting solutions are made to cater the needs of small and medium businesses where they require an application that streamlines important tasks like generating professional invoices ,making payments, managing clients ,vendors and employees, handling assets and inventory and much more. Such errors are a part of every computer program but they can be resolved by easy to implement instructions as we have given below.
What is Sage Error 1628?
Sage error 1628 is an installation error. You are neither able to install nor you are able to uninstall the Sage program from your computer. The following message gets displayed when you encounter this error –
‘Error 1628: Failed to complete installation’
Why is Sage Displaying Error 1628 on Your Computer?
- The Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your computer is either outdated or corrupted.
- One or more software has been frequently installed or uninstalled from your system, thereby corrupting the Windows Registry.
- There is another active program running at the back that is preventing the installation.
- The Windows Installer has been infected by a virus or a malware.
Also Read: Sage Error 1304
What are the Solutions for Fixing Error 1628?
Users can utilize the solution provided below for troubleshooting this error-
Solution 1: By Installing the Latest Version of .NET Framework.
You can install .NET Framework on your computer by using one of these methods-
- Using a CD
- Insert the .NET Framework installation CD in the CD drive.
- Install dotnet32 or dotnet64 on your computer using the install.exe setup file.
- From Microsoft’s official website
- Open your web browser and type the URL www.dotnet.microsoft.com
- Click on the latest version of .NET Framework to download it.
- Launch the setup file and install .NET Framework on your system.
- Now, try installing Sage on your system.
Solution 2: Using the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility
The Microsoft Easy Fix is a troubleshooter that helps you fix corrupt registry keys on your operating systems or the ones controlling your update data. They also rectify errors preventing you from installing a new program or removing the old ones.
- First, you have to go to Helpdesk.microsoft.com and download the utility by clicking on the Download troubleshooter option.
- Open the troubleshooter and follow the steps
- Follow the steps and provide the details of the program to fix the error.
Read This: Sage 50 error 1603
Solution 3: Creating a new Windows User Account
- Click on the Start button , and select CONTROL Panel.
- Now, Choose User Account and then select Add or Remove User Accounts.
- Set an account name and select whether the account is Standard or Administrator.
- Then click on the Create Account option and choose Create a Password to set a password.
- Now, Log off from your current account and log in with the account you have just created.
- Try installing Sage 50.
Solution 4: Using Command Prompt to Uninstall
- Open the run command window by pressing Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Now, type Regdit and press the Enter key.
- Click on File and select Export from the menu. This will make a backup of your system’s registry.
- Then go to the location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node
- Click on Edit and select Find.
- In the search field, type Sage 50 and press Enter.
- Double-click the key titled UninstallString and copy it.
- Now, click on the OK button and exit Registry Editor.
- Again, press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- ‘Here, type cmd and click OK.
- Now, right-click in the black DOS screen and select Paste.
- Press the Enter key and follow the instructions provided by the screen prompts.
We have a team of experts that can answer all your queries regarding all your queries regarding the Sage accounting software and its products. Moreover, we provide you assistance for fixing errors such as the one discussed above. So, head to our website and send us a message with your details or use our in-built chat feature to immediately connect with an agent.
You should be careful while employing troubleshooting solutions that involves modifying the internal aspects of the system. You can always take the help of the system administrator or an IT expert. If that’s not convenient at the moment, read on to know how itztechy.com can help you.
Which operating systems are compatible with the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility?
The Microsoft Easy Fix Utility is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7 operating systems.
Are there any programs or tools by Microsoft to fix error 1628 due to malware?
Yes, you can use Windows Security or the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool if error 1628 is being displayed due to a malware present on your system.
Can Sage error 1628 also be caused due to the anti-virus program or firewall installed on my system?
On some occasions, Sage error 1628 might also be caused due to the antivirus or firewall restricting the installation or uninstallation process of Sage program.
What are the other installation errors users similar to error 1628 that the user might face?
Other installation errors which are caused due to similar reasons are error 1605, 1704, 1721, 1701 and 1722.