Sage group has developed its business accounting software keeping in mind the needs of businesses across various sectors. Therefore, it has rolled out Sage Accounts which helps in managing your financial data accurately while saving time. While installing Sage Accounts on your computer, you may encounter an error like error 1920. These errors need to be resolved soon as you till that time you may not be able to reap the benefits Sage Accounts has to offer through its wide range of features.
In this article, we aim to provide you with the solutions you can employ on your own to fix error 1920. You just have to follow them in the order we have provided.
What is Sage Error 1920?
The error 1920 is a sign that you might be having trouble installing Sage.There are three elements of Sage which are related to this error: Sage 50 Account Data Service, Sage Auto-Update Manager and Sage 50 Control Service.
“Error 1920: Service Sage 50 Control Service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.”
“Error 1920: Service Sage 50 Accounts Data Service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.”
“Error 1920: Service Sage Auto-Update Manager Service failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.”
- First, reboot your system and login from the administrator account.
- Now, launch an anti-virus scan and then disable the anti-virus program installed on your computer temporarily.
- Locate the Sage folder from the file explorer and then launch the installation.
- Then, install the latest available Windows updates.
- Use the task manager to end any active Sage processes.
You May Also Read: Sage Error 1919
What are the Ways to Resolve Sage Error 1920 on your Computer?
The solutions to resolve Sage error 1920 are based on the three different elements as displayed by the error messages displayed while installing Sage. You need to follow the instructions step-by-step to fix them.
Solution 1: If Service Sage Accounts Data Service is Causing Error 1920
Find and delete the following files to fix this error –
- Press Windows + E and locate the files :
- For 64 bit operating system: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sage\AccountsServiceVXX
- For 32 bit operating system: C:\Program Files\Sage\AccountsServiceVXX
- Locate these file, right-click on them ,press Delete and choose Yes
- Now, exit the browser and try installing Sage Accounts.
Solution 2: If Service Sage Auto-Update Manager is Causing Error 1920
- Clearing the temporary folder
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Here type %temp% and press OK
- Now, press Ctrl + A to select all files and hit the Delete key.
- Choose the Yes option
- Exit all active Sage processes
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete and choose Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab and find and click Sage.Central.AutoUpdateManager.Service.exe.
- Now, click on End task.
- Delete all other tasks containing the keyword Sage.
Solution 3: If Service Sage 50 Control Service is Causing Error 1920
- Begin by restarting your computer.
- Click on the administrator account to log in.
- Do a thorough anti-virus scan before temporary disabling the anti-virus software.
- Now, begin the installation process of the Sage application right from the installation folder itself.
- Install the latest Windows updates available.
- Go to Start > Accessories > Run. Type %temp% to open the temporary folder and delete all temporary files.
- Ensure that all Sage processes running on your computer have been ended.
We understand that sometimes it can still be confusing for a user to choose which solution they should implement in order to fix error 1920. If you haven’t got the desired results by implementing the solutions provided than we recommend that you get in touch with our experts who will help you with the troubleshooting process. For this, visit our website Itztechy.com and get live assistance using the chat feature or leave us a message stating your issue and we will resolve it for you soon.
What is the Sage Auto Update program used for
It is a software developed for Sage accounting products that runs in the background and regularly updates the Sage accounting software with the latest financial as well as program data.
Is Sage Accounts Data Service necessary if I have installed Sage Accounts?
Yes, Sage Accounts Data Service is important as it performs the role of a gateway and manages data reading and writing. It also helps in keeping your data secure and increasing the performance of your system and the Sage Accounts software.
What are the various versions of Sage Accounts available?
Based on the range of their functionality, there are three versions of Sage Accounts available:
- Sage 50 Accounts
- Sage 50 Accounts Plus, and
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional.