Error 15221 is the code for QuickBooks that prevents users from continuing to work with the software and has an impact on their regular work as well. It can also cause other mistakes and damage them. So, before it affects other files or causes other mistakes, use the repair techniques as soon as possible.
There are occasional inaccuracies with QuickBooks accounts, which annoys some users. One of these errors is Error code 15221, which usually happens when you try to access newly updated software. Once the issue appears, you will be unable to use the software and this will have a severe impact on your business. Let’s explore why it occurs, and how to deal with it in the best possible way.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Update Error Code 15221?
There are a number of factors that bring this issue into the system. Let’s look at the causes first.
- The browser is not compatible with digital signatures
- The setting of internet explorer is not correct
- QuickBooks data files is damaged
- Another possible reason that might prevent QuickBooks from updating would be a firewall or system security program.
Read This: Repair or Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop 2022
Is it Easy to fix QuickBooks 15221 Error?
There are many proven ways to fix the error 15221.
Method 1: QuickBooks Software Needs to be Updated
You should update QuickBooks on a regular basis. It’s much better to have the most up-to-date software with features, tools, and bug fixes because it will function better and are more convenient for your users.
Choose the “QuickBooks icon” Tab on Computer’s Desktop
Select “Help” from the drop-down
- On computer’s desktop, choose the “QuickBooks Icon” tab
- Choose “Help” from the drop-down menu
- You need to point on “Update QuickBooks” and click on the “Tap” button
- Choose the correct software version and update the same
- Next, tap “Update Now” to initiate updating process
- Restart the computer after finishing the instructions for saving the modifications.
Method 2: Windows Need to be Updated
Ensure that you have a current version of QuickBooks installed. Here are some steps to install and update the Windows Operating System:
- Click on Windows Start button from your keyboard
- Click on “Update” and then “enter” key
- Next, click on “check for updates”
- You will see most recent updates on the screen
- If you come across any current update, choose and click on the “Download and install button”
- After the installation, restart your PC
Method 3: Junk Files Have to be Removed
Junk files can accumulate on your computer when there is extensive use of the Internet and operating system. It slows down the performance of your system if you don’t delete them on a regular basis. In order to keep the computer from malfunctioning, there are certain types of temporary files that should be deleted. The steps are as follows:
- You need to equip your computer with anti-malware software.
- “Disk Cleanup application” helps to speed up your device.
- Keep your drivers updated
- After making any recent changes, go to “Windows System Restore” to undo those.
- Choose “undo” from the drop-down menu list
- “Windows System File Checker” needs to be used for scanning of broken, corrupted or damaged files
- Move to “Windows System files” tab to restore them
- To delete the damaged files, reinstall and clean the windows
Method 4: The Network Protection Temporary and Firewall has to be turned off
Turning off your security software or firewall settings can cause the 15221 error in QuickBooks. That’s why it’s a good idea to turn them off.
- Click on windows button and then choose “settings” tab
- Select “Update & Security” and then “Windows Security”
- After that click on “Open Windows Security”
- Move to “Windows Security” dialogue, select the “Firewall & Network Protection” tab
- Next, push the button “Domain, Private, and Public Network”
- “Microsoft Defender Firewall” needs to be disable
- Make sure that there is no Update error 15221 in your system
Method 5: Intuit URL has to be Added as a Trusted Website
- Press Windows + R and run window
- Enter “Internet Explorer” into the Run page and then the “Enter” key
- In the Run page type the “Internet Explorer” and then click on “Enter”
- Click on the gear like icon
- Choose “Internet Options” >>> “Security” and then “Trusted Sites” from the drop-down menu
- Submit https://www.intuit.com/ for US Version as the Intuit URL and https://www.intuit.ca/ for the Canadian version
- Select “Add”
- Enable the “Require server verification” box
- Click on OK
Method 6: Install DSC (Digital Signature Certificate)
- Close the QuickBooks
- Move to the C: \Program File\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Search for QBW32.exe within the folder
- Click on the “Properties” tab from the menu of QBW32.exe
- Under the “Digital Signature” tab choose Intuit Inc.
- Access the details by clicking on it
- On the Digital Signature details, you can “View the Certificate”
- Go to Certificate Screen and choose the “Install Certificate”
- In case when a completed text appears, choose the “Next” button
- Click on the Finish tab
- Restart your PC and reopen QuickBooks
- Update the latest version of QuickBooks
QuickBooks Error code 15221 is a problem for the company. It causes performance problems and is hard to fix without getting help from an expert. We hope that the above methods will definitely work for error code 15221. If you’re unable to find an answer or resolve a query, please feel free to contact our customer assistance team.
Ask Yourself the Following Questions (FAQs)
Does QuickBooks Error 15221 fix if editing the Internet Explorer setting?
If there are outdated settings on your computer and it’s not connecting properly to the internet, you should update your Internet Explorer. Here’s how.
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Choose Tools>> Internet Options from the list of drop-downs
- Choose “Trusted Sites” from the “Security” menu
- The following websites should be added to the sites icon:
- Close the windows
- Click on “Apply tab” followed by choosing the “OK” tab
How to find out if there is an update available in my QuickBooks.
If you’re thinking of getting this game, take a look and see what’s available. Alternatively, you can find out more through our release schedule.
- Open QuickBooks
- Press the F2 or Ctrl + 1 keys on your console, it may open the Product Information window
- Here you can get notifications on whether there are any new versions at all.
How to get QuickBooks updates from the internet?
Before downloading any updates, you should check the specific steps on our website.
- Go to the Downloads and Updates section
- Select your country, product and version (year) from the dropdown menus
- Select the Search option and get regular updates
- Save the file
After the download is complete, double-click the file to install the update. Restart your computer after the installation is complete. After you finish downloading the file, double-click installer to install the update. Restart the PC once it is done.