Sometimes you can get a dialogue box saying “Cannot access Database” emerging on your screen, then it indicates that there’s an error related to database connection. The Sage (error=40960) is majorly affiliated with the Sage 300 software.
If you receive this error then you don’t need to worry. Today, in this article we are going to provide you with a complete guide on how to resolve Sage Error 40960.
What is Sage Error 40960 ?
The Error Cannot Access Database(error=40960) turns up when the Data Source Name (DSN) is particularly indicating an inaccurate server. This is the ruling cause of this approaching error.
To settle the Sage Error (40960) there is a need to configure DSN correctly with the accurate server.
Here’s How You Can go About it:
- For the first step, you need to Open Data Sources (ODBC).
- Ensure that you Open the same on a 64-bit operating system and the 32-bit Data Source is used.
- Now, select the DSN which is being used by Sage 300.
- On the screen, you will see a button “Configure” right under the Remove button.
- Hit on Configure.
- After the subsequent step, you need to finish the configuration by completing the DSN with reference to the correct settings.
- Finish by clicking on the “Save” option.
After this, you can proceed to restart the system and Resume the work.
One more problem that may be encountered while logging into Sage 300 is that it might be locked, and to debug this problem. Check the SQL driver installed on the bad workstation and see if the correct ones are already installed. After that, if all the things are crosschecked then the existing ODBC DSN must be deleted and then created anew. If you can’t find the DSN, try logging in after creating the right one.
The above-mentioned steps are laid out in detail to clarify the process of resolving the Sage error 40960. The steps are concerned to arrange the Data Source Name(DSN) with a valid server.
If you are still facing any issues or have doubts concerning the transactions tool, you can get in touch with the Sage 50 customer helpdesk. The team members are really skilled and are available at the earliest.
What does “Cannot Access Database” denote?
The message with the dialog box “Cannot Access Database” explains Sage software error 40960, particularly showing fault in the connection with the database.
What will happen if I don’t use a 64-bit operating system?
Using 64-bit operating system servers is mandatory. If there is a fault with the operating system, the following process can not be accessed.
How to resolve “You cannot Open This Company because Another Task has locked the Database”?
Here’s How to do it:
- First, go to the Start menu.
- Then click on All Programs.
- Now, select Administrative tools.
- Proceed and click on the System DSN tab.
- Once done, now you need to identify the connection.
- For doing the identification, choose an ODBC connection for Sage 300.
- Pick Configure to make notes.
- After, make the necessary notes of the settings in order to recreate.
- For deleting the ODBC connection, hit on “Remove”.
- Once done, press on the “Add” option.
- For the final step, “Save” these changes.