Table of Contents
- 1 Causes behind Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File
- 1.1 Resolutions to fix Sage 50 Key File not Found or a bad key Error in the File:
- 1.2 Last Words
- 1.3 FAQ’s
Sage 50 accounting software is used by all the business holders. Sage 50 also makes Invoices are easy to handle. With Sage 50 you can also receive payments and offer quotations with ease. With real-time access, you can keep track of all checks and payments. Sage 50 even allows you to work and access your software from any location anytime.
If you get the “Key file not found” or “Bad key file” notice when you open Sage 50, you’ll need to reinstall it from scratch. The error key file not found or faulty key file commonly stops the user’s work on the program to handle your payroll, finance, accounts, operations, and other payment-related difficulties.
Got stuck with this error? If yes, then you don’t need to worry. Today, in this article, we will provide you will a complete guide on Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File with its resolution that can help you resolve the error Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File resolved.
Causes behind Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File
Below are some of the possible causes behind the Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File Error:
- If your antivirus program is attempting to interfere with the operation of the Sage Accounting Software Application.
- One or more of the following important files have been deleted from the Shared Documents folder: Windows: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\ Sage Software, resulting in a faulty key file or key file not found problem.
- In the event that you relocate or mistakenly delete the common documents folder in which your Sage 50 key files are kept.
- Some antivirus software is interfering with Sage 50.
- The Sage key files were manually relocated or removed from the Shared Documents folder.
- There is a risk that the Malware software program installed on your system is interfering with the correct operation of your computer.
- Sage 50 is not been activated even after the installation
Resolutions to fix Sage 50 Key File not Found or a bad key Error in the File:
You can fix Sage 50 Key File not Found or a bad key Error in the File by many methods, follow the methods outlined below to resolve the error:
Resolution I: Uninstall and reinstall the software.
You should first uninstall and then reinstall your Sage software to resolve the error. To Uninstall and reinstall your Sage 50 follow these steps:
- First, go o the features option.
- Windows 8.1 and before.
- First, Go to the Start option.
- Then go to the Control Panel.
- Now on the Control Panel, navigate to Programs.
- Finally, go to the features option.
- Windows 10
- First, right-click the Start button.
- Then finally select Programs and Features options.
- Windows 8.1 and before.
- Then choose your Sage 50 version from the drop-down menu.
- Now click Uninstall
- Finally, you need to locate the downloaded installer file in C: Sage 50 Accounting Installer files 202* to reinstall the previously downloaded Sage 50 installation
- Then double-click on launch.exe to install the latest version.
Resolution II: Disable Controlled Folder Access.
To Disable Controlled Folder Access, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly go to the Start option.
- Then go to the Settings.
- Once on the setting options go to Update & Security.
- Now go to Windows Security and select Virus & Threat Protection.
- Once you select Virus and threat protection, then select Manage settings.
- Then go to manage Controlled Folder Access under Controlled Folder Access.
- Finally, turn off the Controlled folder access option.
Resolution III: Check the Status of Activation
To check the status of activation to resolve Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File error, follow these steps:
- First, to activate the Sage 50 desktop icon, go to the Activation Codes tab.
- Then click on Details.
- Finally, when asked, turn on Sage 50.
Note: If it displays active then it means codes are for the most recent version of your software and if it displays Inactive that means codes are for previous versions of your software.
If the problem is not fixed, proceed to the next resolution.
Resolution IV: Execute as Administrator
To Run Sage 50 as an administrator follow these steps:
- First, right-click the Sage 50 Accounting application icon on the desktop and choose Properties.
- Then place a tick mark in the box for Compatibility after selecting the Compatibility option.
- Now run this application as administrator.
- Finally, click OK.
Resolution V: Check your computer’s configuration.
To check your computer’s configuration, follow these simple steps mentioned below:
- A third-party program may have an impact on your Sage 50 use. Before proceeding with the resolutions, check for “KB 86048: Third-party utilities, anti-virus, and firewall difficulties with Sage 50”.
- Run a virus scan if no third-party programs are installed. You then need to uninstall the malware.
- Finally, examine your antivirus software for expiration dates and remove or resubscribe if needed.
We hope now you have a complete guide on Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File. And hopefully, the resolutions mentioned above will help to fix the Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File error. However, you may contact our Sage well-versed trained professionals whenever you need any help.
How to Uninstall Malware to resolve Sage 50 Key File Not Found or Bad Key File error?
Follow the below steps to uninstall malware to resolve the error:
- First to download Malwarebytes go to www.malwarebytes.org and then select run.
- Now restart the computer after quarantining all impacted files.
- Then reboot the computer after uninstalling Malwarebytes.
- Finally, try running Sage 50 again.
How do you allow Sage 50 to get together with my firewall or antivirus software in order to resolve the “Sage 50 key not found or bad key file” error?
The following are the steps for enabling Sage 50:
- First, make sure that all of the following elements are categorized as Home or Private columns:
- Sage 50 Connection Manager
- File and printer sharing is possible.
- Finally, to add to the list of processes, go to the Allow another application option
What happens if you delete or stop the firewall, or if you fix the “Sage 50 key not found or bad key file problem” in antivirus software?
If you can deactivate the program that is preventing Sage 50 from operating and creating the problem, this is the best choice. It is totally up to you whether or not to install it. If this is the sole program causing issues, just disable the firewall or antivirus software as instructed.