- 1 More about Sage Error 1101
- 2 What are the Causes of Sage Error 1101?
- 3 FAQs
Sage 50 has been a comprehensive enterprise and resource planning solution for small and medium businesses since the time it was launched. It can perform various functions like handling your accounts, managing your cash flow, preparing your invoices, paying your taxes, giving out salaries to your employees, making and accepting payments and more. Therefore, Sage brings together efficiency, accuracy and productivity together in one application. Like all applications Sage 50 too relies on some Microsoft components for its functioning and issues in them results in Sage showing errors like error 1101.
In this blog, you will get to know more about this error, the reasons why you are facing this issue and how you can resolve this error using solutions verified by our team of experts.
More about Sage Error 1101
Sage error 1101 is generally displayed when you are trying to install a program or there is an issue with a vital component of your Windows operating system like .NET Framework. You may see this error while trying to install Sage 50 or when a Microsoft program is active. Besides that, error 1101 is shown during the Windows startup, the installation of any component or when you shutdown your computer. The following message will be displayed on the computer-
Installation: ‘Error 1101: Could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in primary filegroup’
What are the Causes of Sage Error 1101?
You could be facing error 1101 due to the following reasons-
- There has been an incomplete or corrupted download or installation of .NET Framework.
- You are currently installing or uninstalling an application related to NET Framework.
- The files required for optimal functioning of .NET Framework have been deleted by another program or mistakenly by you.
- NET Framework could have been infected by malware or a virus.
- There could be a problem while registering Sage 50 with MSIEXEC.
Solutions for fixing Sage Error 1101
Based on what you suspect to be the cause of error 1101, you can use the following solutions to fix Sage error 1101 on your computer.
Solution 1 – By fixing the Registry entries
We recommend that you perform this solution under the supervision of an IT expert as it requires a thorough knowledge of the Windows operating system.
- Click on Start and type cmd in the search field. ( Remember do not press the Enter key)
- Now, press CTRL + Shift key on your keyboard and press the Enter button.
- Click the Yes button when prompted.
- Now, type regedit and press the Enter key.
- Click on File and select Export from the menu.
- Choose the folder where you want to save the backup file of .NET Framework.
- Provide a name for the backup file that is easily recognizable.
- In the box named Export Range, click on the Selected Branch.
- Click on the Save button.
Solution 2 – Using the Clean Manager to perform a Disk Cleanup.
- Click on the Start button and in the search field type cmd but do not press the Enter button.
- Now, click the CTRL + Shift button on your keyboard and press the Enter button.
- When you are prompted by the dialog box , click on the Yes button.
- Now, in the command prompt window , type cleanmgr and press the Enter key.
- Click on the Disk Cleanup option.
- Select the categories to which you want to perform the cleanup.Press the OK button.
Solution 3 – By installing the latest Windows Updates
- Click on the Start button .
- In the search box, type Update and press the Enter key.
- You will see the Windows Update dialog box.
- Click on the Install Updates option.
Help is just a few clicks away!
The above solutions are your best bet if you want to fix Sage error 1101 on your computer quickly and get back to working on Sage 50. Troubleshooting this error is easy if you follow the step by step instruction that we have provided. If this error is still being shown on your computer, then you should contact our team of accounting professionals at Itztechy.com and get quick and verified solutions. Our trained team of experts can answer all your queries and provide your technical assistance related to all things Sage. Just head to our website and use the chat support feature or leave us a message with your issue and details.
What is an MSIEXEC file and should we close the msiexec.exe process?
How does Disk Cleanup affect my system?
Removes unwanted programs from your system.
Removes those files which have been infected by virus or malware.
Frees up your system’s memory to provide you more disk space for storage.
Boosts up the performance of your system and reduces the time taken to perform various operations.