Sage 100 Contractor is popular as a comprehensive construction project management software that is specifically designed for accounting, estimating, project management, and service management. It is an ideal solution for small to mid-sized contractors who handle critical end-to-end business and gather project information. Also, they make decisions quickly and manage day-to-day operations seamlessly. On account of having powerful features of managing production, accounting, estimating, analyzing, and reporting Sage 100 Contractor resolves several issues related to the business under the construction industry. Here in this assistance post, let’s explore the advantages of using this versatile software solution and also discuss the Sage100 contractor system requirements. So without any further ado, let’s start.
Are you Inquisitive to Know the Requirements of Sage 100 Contractor? Stay Connected.
A large number of businesses use Sage 100 Contractor as a hosted solution. This software is specially installed if a user wants to purchase a new server. It enables them to upgrade into a new version and update their operating system. It is important to be familiar with some hardware and system requirements before starting implementation or upgrading workstations.
There are some highly recommended Helpdesked systems mentioned below:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard (version 22.2 or higher than this)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
SQL (Structured Query Language) Server Versions:
- SQL server 2017
- SQL server 2016
- SQL server 2014
- SQL server 2012
Also Read: Sage Error SQL State 08001
Client/Workstation (64 bit recommended):
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional
- Windows 10 Professional
Microsoft Office versions:
- MS Office 365
- MS Office 2016
- MS Office 2013
- MS Office 2010
Internet Access is a must for Installing Sage 100 Contractor:
- For printing or e-filing tax forms, accessing help, submitting enhancement requests, or downloading periodic or tax updates proper access to the Internet is essential.
- Make sure that you have the Sage license server that needs Internet for Obtaining license entitlements during the Installation of the Sage 100 Contractor and then the license will be checked out for disconnected purposes.
- Network 100 Mbit full-duplex required and recommended is 1 Gbit full-duplex.
- Authors of the dispatch board who uses licensed software need Auto- Refresh.
You may Also Read: Sage 100 Contractor Bank Reconciliation
Hardware Requirements of Server:
- Helpdesked server versions: windows server 2012 (not for terminal/ hosted cloud environment) Server 2014, 2016, and 2017 as well.
- Microsoft Windows Server is a server operating system that requires at least 4 GB of RAM.
- Make sure there is a minimum of 40 GB of free space available.
- 40 GB Hard disk space, 7200 RPM with 8MB cache.
- Intel ×64 processor or comparable with 2 GHz speed.
Client and Workstation Hardware Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 8.1 and recommended Windows 10.
- If you are going to have a powerful computer, you need at least 2GB of RAM but 4GB is best.
- Processor: Intel core 2 duo or comparable with 2 GHz speed.
- The system requires 16 GB of hard disk space
- Compatible Microsoft Office versions: Microsoft Office 2013, 2016, Microsoft 365.
What are the Features That you get in Sage 100 Contractor?
Get the latest versions of Sage 100 contractor for the sage construction customer. Who have submitted their product enhancement ideas or strategies through the Sage ideas website. Sage 100 Contractor includes some of the top-ranked suggestions covering almost every area of the software and with the help of this blog; let’s take a closer look at it.
General Ledger Enhancements:
In General Ledger, the GL setup window features a new ‘Set posting period from transaction date’ option that you can choose if you want to use the transaction date to set the default posting period for transactions. Once you select this option, Sage 100 Contractor automates the period based on the date of the entry.
In the 1-3 Journal transactions window if you are going to void an A/P payment from a previous period, you can select to:
- Void the payment which impacts the original posting period.
- It is important to understand the closing and acknowledgement dates on your payment register. Do not miss the deadline for rolling over or amending that transaction.
When you go to deposit your slip, a new window allows you to print a detailed list of the cash and checks that lead a deposit process to the successful end so that you can easily carry this list to the bank whenever you make a physical deposit.
Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable:
There are 3-2 Invoices and Credits under Accounts Receivables, you can effortlessly open an invoice that you previously selected and edit the line description.
Next on the other defaults tab, there are 4-4 setup vendors, you can entrust a preferred payment method. Sage 100 Contractor appears in the payment mode in the 4-3-2 pay vendors window and applies it to verify the chosen payment method. If you enter a duplicate invoice for a vendor, a warning message in 4-2 payable invoices/credits will be visible earlier in the process. Sage 100 Contractor notifies you as soon as you enter both the vendor or duplicate invoice number.
A new Hire History button appears in the 55-2-1 Employees window including multiple dates hired and date inactive fields. This information is helpful in these sections of the website.
You should be happy to learn Sage 100 Contractor if you use direct deposit for employees as it provides a way of custom email messages.
Once you choose a direct deposit report in 5-2-4 report printing and select the direct deposit email settings option from the options menu, the direct deposit email settings window starts to show you a message with any information you need- for instance, suggestions about opening the attachments, notices about changes to benefit plans and much more. In this case, you can contact your Sage 100 Contractor partner for getting help to set up or use this new feature.
Finally, you are able to modify the job for timecard lines in computed payroll. Simply change job in the payroll records to create a new option for all employees. This new and exciting feature comes forward to help you in a situation when you haven’t fully set up a job in Sage 100 Contractor but you need to pay employees for the site preparation costs. you can line up a temporary job as a placeholder to pay employees. You can transfer costs from a temporary job to the one you are actually hiring for.
Some Other Noticeable Enhancements:
Here’s a quick recap of other modifications and new updates across Sage 100 Contractor.
- In the 6-11-1 Requests for Proposal window, now you can choose a new Create Subcontract tab to create a new subcontract using the information from a selected RFP.
- Under Service Receivables, you can generate a client alert that exhibits when you enter that client on a service order in 11-2 work orders/invoices/credits.
- You have an approach to add shortcuts in the Sage 100 Contractor desktop for quicker and easier access next time whenever you run it.
- Well-organized, methodical, coherent, and precise content or in-depth tips are included in the Help System that answers most of the frequently asked questions such as; how to select a range of check numbers or how to print deposit slips, etc.
In conclusion, it is necessary to keep Sage 100 Contractor system requirements in your mind while downloading the Sage 100 Contractor software in your system. Hopefully, the above write-up of Sage 100 Contractor is sounding helpful for you but if in case, you need help to resolve any assistance issue just ping Sage 100 Contractor experts without any hesitation. Don’t worry, they have years of experience in accessing the Sage software so don’t panic. You’re at the right place now.
Why do I have to fulfill all the Sage 100 contractor system requirements?
The system requirements available for the software must be fulfilled so that you won’t face any issues while using the Sage 100 program. After downloading and installing the software, you must check the requirements and compatibility. if any issues then first update your program or windows or other components to make it compatible.
Which Windows operating system and server are not in system requirements and why?
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2011 are not in the requirements. These are not Helpdesked by Microsoft .NET framework 4.6.1. That is why it is not mentioned in the system requirements.
Are there any Sage 100 contractor system requirements for SQL Servers?
Yes, it is recommended that you have to install SQL Server on a domain controller. if you do install it on a read-only domain controller then it encounters problems with this configuration of software.