The Sage 50 software program has a wide range of features. With a wide range of features, finding assistance errors with the software is very common. And one such common Printer error is Error Code 20.
Are you experiencing Sage Error Code 20 when using the Sage 50 software? And you don’t have any slightest idea why the error occurs? If not, don’t panic; today in this article we are going to provide you with a complete guide on how to resolve Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 along with the reasons behind the error.
What is Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 ?
When you try to send an email, share a PDF, or print a report using the Sage software, then the Error Code 20 Sage printer is not enabled. Sage printer not activated error code 20 means that the error message is displayed when the user attempts to email or print forms and reports. Unless managed and repaired, this type of error will keep displaying as an error message on your screen.
What are the Causes Behind Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20?
However, the error can occur due to a number of factors. Here are some of the greatest probable factors you might consider as one of the causes of the error.
- You may have difficulties while producing a PDF if the email writer is damaged.
- When the Microsoft update installation fails, you may receive Sage printer not enabled error code 20.
- Damaged drivers or incompatible printer drivers can also cause printing issues.
- A broken or destroyed window profile may also result in printing issues.
- An Incompatible email program might also cause problems.
- When printing the invoice, if User Account Control (UAC) settings are enabled, it may cause issues.
- Your inability to print invoices can also be affected if you have damaged customized forms.
Resolutions to fix Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20?
Here are some relevant resolutions that have been provided to fix Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20. You can resolve the error by following any of the given methods below. However, it is advised that you just follow all of the instructions listed below in the correct order.
Resolution 1: Update Customized Forms Settings
Broken or damaged customized forms may potentially be the cause of your inability to print invoices. As a result, you should follow the below-mentioned steps to make Sage Email Writer your default printer.
- First, to email or print the balance sheet, select Standard Report or Standard Form.
- Now, make Sage Email Writer your default printer.
- Once you set your default printer, you can now exit the Sage software.
- Then, select the Windows Start menu.
- You may select Devices and Printers from this menu.
- Finally, check that the Sage Email Writer software is not set as your default printer.
Resolution 2: Amyuni Document Converter Error Correction
If you use the Amyuni Document Converter 550 driver, you may be able to print invoices. However, if Amyuni Document Converter problems might also be caused by a faulty printer.
To correct the wrong Amyuni Document Converter you can try the following steps:
- First, if you have the Sage 50 program running on your computer, close it.
- Now, navigate to the Control Panel.
- Then, go to the Devices and Printers.
- After that, select Sage 50 E-mail Writer from the drop-down menu.
- Now choose “Printer Properties.
- At this point, you must select the Advanced option.
- Then choose the Amyuni Document Converter 550 driver software.
- Finally, once you are done click the OK button.
Resolution 3: Use Sage 50 software As an administrator.
You may not be able to perform every function if you run the Sage 50 program without the use of an administrator. This can also be the reason why your software is unable to generate PDFs since User Account Control (UAC) is preventing the Sage email writer from working. You must run Sage 50 software as an administrator to prevent these issues. You may follow the steps mentioned below to run Sage 50 as an administrator.
- First, make sure that no windows or tabs are open on your computer.
- Then, look for the Sage 50 program icon, which should be on your desktop.
- Finally right-click on the software icon and select Run as Administrator.
Usually, Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20 occurs when you try to print a report using the Sage software. Now we hope you have a complete guide on how to resolve Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20. However, if you still get stuck with the error then you can reach out to the Sage Customer helpdesk for quick and immediate assistance.
How can you use Damaged Customized forms to resolve Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20?
To use Damaged Customized forms to resolve Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First Try to print or e-mail a standard form or a report (e.g. Balance Sheet)
- Now if the error still occurs when the Print or Email options are selected, go to the next option.
- Finally, if you are able to pick the standard form then the form properly prints or emails.
Do you need to turn off the Sage E-mail Writer as the default printer fix Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20?
Yes, you need to turn off the Sage E-mail Writer as the default printer to fix Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20. To turn off the Sage Email Writer as the default Printer follow these steps:
- First, close Sage 50 US edition.
- Then Go to the Start option.
- Now navigate the Devices & Printers option.
- Once done check to make sure Sage Email Writer is not configured as the default printer.
- Finally, note that you are not using the Sage Email Writer as the printer while printing.
While fixing Sage Printer Not Activated Error Code 20, can User Account Control prevent Sage 50, E-mail Writer, from printing?
Yes User Account Control prevents Sage 50, E-mail Writer, from printing, to resolve this follow these steps:
- First right-click on the Sage 50 icon
- Then select the Run as an Administrator option.
- Finally, try printing your file again.
What is the other method to use Amyuni Document Converter 550 driver?
In order to use the Amyuni Document Converter 550 driver follow these steps:
- First, you should proceed by going through the Control Panel.
- Then simply right-click on the Sage 50 E-mail Writer in the Driver and Printers section.
- Now select Printer Properties.
- Once done go to the Advanced tab.
- Finally, select the Amyuni Document Converter 550 driver tool.